Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Anyone have a Britax Max Way? How easy is it to fit ?

(7 Posts)
lenats31 Sun 07-Apr-13 19:45:34

What car do you have? Are you tall or short. Rf seats have different space requirements. Some need only little room while others need a lot. Tthen there are some that need a lot in some cars and very little in others.

I recently had a pair of tall parents with a VW Up. for a visit. They had a Besafe Izi Kid X3 isofix seat behind the passenger seat. Front seat had to be moved right forwards. A different seat such as the Cybex Sirona. Britax Max-Fix or the Klippan Triofix would have done a better job here with regards to space, which must be considered no matter what type of seat you buy.

They decided to keep the Besafe. But now they know what to go for with the next baby.

nocake Wed 03-Apr-13 22:27:02

I found getting it in the right position in the car and fitting the seat belt a bit fiddly. The tether fixings are also a bit fiddly (the TWE has seat belt type fixings but the MaxWay has metal spring clips). But, as I said, there is only just enough space in our car so positioning is critical. If you have more space in the back you should find it easier.

Inseywinseyupthespout Wed 03-Apr-13 22:03:58

I wouldn't be able to use the max fix as dd is already 33lbs so nearing the weight limit which would require a new seat quite soon .

What is it about the max way that makes it difficult to fit ?

I thought it would be similar fitting to the TWE ?

nocake Wed 03-Apr-13 21:17:51

The Max Fix is new and much easier to fit than the Maxway. It would be a better choice for you but it looks like it will need more space so definitely try it in your car before you buy.

Being an isofix seat it only ges up to 18kg while the Maxway goes to 25kg. That may, or may not, be a problem for you depending how big your LO is.

lenats31 Wed 03-Apr-13 18:00:57

if you have isofix in each car, this would be the easiest option. Britax Max-Fix in that case

nocake Tue 02-Apr-13 21:17:22

We have one. It's not the easiest seat to fit, although we have it in a car where it only just fits (a Seat Leon). If your car has more rear seat space you'll find it easier and, of course, it would get easier with practise.

My tip would be to get a set of straps for each car, rather than having to remove them each time as they're a bit fiddly to attach to the car.

Inseywinseyupthespout Tue 02-Apr-13 21:10:45

DD1 is 3yrs old and has been FF in a maxi cosi , however , we are looking at ERF seats for DD2 and feel like we need one for DD1 too .

We need a seat that is light and moveable between three cars , as well as being comfortable and safe.

Is the max way easy enough to fit or is it tricky ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now