This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Car seats and airbags?

(5 Posts)
PeazlyPops Fri 07-Dec-12 12:29:47

Thank you, I thought it would probably be ok, but didn't want to take chances.

I did find this just now - If there are side airbags, make sure that the child restraint does not rest against the door, that the child sits properly in the seat and does not lean close to, or against, the door or window. Ask the vehicle manufacturer how far the airbag comes out as it deploys and whether it is safe to use a child seat in the front.

dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru Fri 07-Dec-12 12:07:00

I dont think you need to disable the side airbags, it is the front air bag that is the main issue for children.

PeazlyPops Fri 07-Dec-12 12:02:08

smile

PeazlyPops Thu 06-Dec-12 11:25:17

Bumping as I need to pop out later but can't until I know the answer.

PeazlyPops Wed 05-Dec-12 22:48:28

We're using a maxi cosi cabriofix car seat, on a family fix base. We've just bought a new car and I can't see how to disable the side airbags in the back.

Is it necessary to disable the side rear airbags? It's a vauxhall Insignia if that makes any difference. The manual is very ambiguous and only mentions disabling airbags if the carseat is used in the front, and google isn't helping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now