Waaaah! Just ordered the Tent Of My Dreams!

(38 Posts)
ViviPru Mon 23-Jun-14 23:29:18

After going around the houses of endless research; seriously considering De Waards and various other options, we've only gone and bloody done it.

Oh yes, before the week is out, this badboy WILL BE IN MY POSSESSION! Excited doesn't even BEGIN to cover it...

Stinkyfeet Wed 02-Jul-14 16:19:17

Oh dear Vivi, I hope your replacement turns up in time.

The Yosemite is rather large admittedly - it has meant we have had to also buy a trailer. Which in turn means we can now fit in a small fridge and camp beds all round! Excited is an understatement !!

Happy camping everyone grin

TheFantasticMrsFox Tue 01-Jul-14 23:03:45

Never fear vivi, the lovely Julia at Coolboxesuk sent a new one straight away and the courier did a straight swap with me- I may have wept otherwise grin

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 01-Jul-14 22:36:51

They all look fantastic.

The Yosemite falls looks like a poly cotton version of our Vermont L which is a fabulous size, but I'd love it even more if it was cotton!

Unfortunately we can't justify the outlay at the moment, our camping is restricted to a series of long weekends this year sad

ViviPru Tue 01-Jul-14 22:28:21

Quite, MrsFox. He's usually so frustratingly careful, it really was out of character.

When's your Icey Tek replacement arriving? I do hope you won't have too long a wait...

TheFantasticMrsFox Tue 01-Jul-14 12:16:23

Oh vivi <strokes arm gently>
It surely must be a fault? Even dreadfully clumsy people don't normally go round gouging large lumps out of brand new tents do they?
My new Icey Tek had to go back and I felt quite bereft so I share your pain (and am secretly in awe that your DH is still walking and talking normally)
Anyway, another new tent to look forward to eh?! Silver linings and all that.... grin

ViviPru Tue 01-Jul-14 12:12:38

Wow Stinky now that's a serious piece of kit. You must be beyond excited....

ViviPru Tue 01-Jul-14 12:11:19

sad sad sad

Pride comes before a fall, eh? It's beautiful. It's fabulous. It's RIPPED!!!!

Damn clot of a DH managed to rip a 20cm tear the front door window, right at eye-level where you enter and exit. I could have wrung his neck.

BUT...
Happily, Outwell have agreed it could have happened due to a manufacturing fault and offered to replace it! I couldn't believe it. It should be with us on Friday in time for this weekend's foray. And breathe....

Stinkyfeet Sat 28-Jun-14 10:29:33

Our Yosemite Falls arrived a couple of weeks ago - it is beautiful! Can't wait to use it!

yellowdinosauragain Sat 28-Jun-14 10:20:47

How exciting! When does it get it's first outing?

ViviPru Fri 27-Jun-14 14:40:01

It's here IT'S HERE!!!!!

ViviPru Fri 27-Jun-14 13:49:31

Nice yellow.

I'm going out of my mind watching the online courier tracking - Tent of my Dreams™ is two villages away....

yellowdinosauragain Thu 26-Jun-14 19:15:21

Vango maritsa 700 here. A fantastic beast of a tent grin

When I'm going on my own with the kids we take a pop up but it's great for longer family breaks

ViviPru Thu 26-Jun-14 10:26:01

Wow cheshire that's a whopper! Brilliant. Let's hope we're still getting a use out of our tents this time next year!

cheshirem2b Wed 25-Jun-14 18:35:52

We've got the Vango Maritsa 600 and it's ace! Love big tents. Loads of space and room to chill out even if the evenings get too cool for sitting out.

ViviPru Tue 24-Jun-14 20:57:02

Gertie that's bloody genius!

hz she's in for a bit of a shock I reckon <gazes at mutt snoozing noisily with head on my lap> That said, she has really calmed down and grown up in the last 6 months so I'm sure she'll be fine. Thanks for the congrats!

gertiegusset Tue 24-Jun-14 20:27:22
gertiegusset Tue 24-Jun-14 20:26:45

Camping's not a cheap holiday anymore, especially if you like a few home comforts like what we do I got these for Christmas from DiL grin
i.ebayimg.com/t/M-S-OUTDOOR-WINE-GLASS-HOLDERS-GREAT-FOR-FESTIVAL-CAMPING-BBQ-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/I8UAAMXQVERS6Ctn/$_35.JPG

hz Tue 24-Jun-14 20:21:46

Very sexy ViviPru. I predict many happy days and nights, with your nipper too. Congrats by the way! How will your hound cope with not being number one anymore I wonder....

Bloody hell! I had no idea tents cost that much.

ViviPru Tue 24-Jun-14 19:58:14

headless we got a great deal from Outdoor Megastore, got the package with footprint and carpet for £1322. Still eye-watering, but I doubt we'll live to regret it... until we get repossessed

Kerberos Tue 24-Jun-14 19:14:15

That looks amazing.

We upgraded from our lo gear last year to a Kampa and never looked back.

headlesslambrini Tue 24-Jun-14 18:44:48

Fuck me, how much!!!!

Although I have to say that I really like the green stripy material.

Obviously now you need matching chairs, cushions, blankets, plates, cups, carpet etc

hillbilly Tue 24-Jun-14 18:40:17

Very nice. You'll be the talk of the site smile

ViviPru Tue 24-Jun-14 16:59:01

Thanks all!

I now need to get this, right?

NettleTea Tue 24-Jun-14 11:18:22

oooh, lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now