Please recommend camping mattresses!

(3 Posts)
hackneyzoo Tue 11-Feb-14 21:42:04

Am fed up with air beds that just deflate, so would like to invest in a double SIM for DH and I and single ones for 3DC age 3,5 and6. Anyone got any recommendations or suggestions or better ideas for a comfy nights sleep?
We will be camping in Southern Spain for a few weeks in the summer, so ideally looking for something compact and durable...but most importantly comfortable!

hillbilly Tue 11-Feb-14 22:33:09

Vango 7.5cm for me and DH. High Gear singles for the kids. The high gear ones have raised edges and a kind of material top layer so the kids are less likely to slide off. Bought them about 3 years ago and we have need looked back although there might be better on the market now.

dippingmytoeinagain Mon 17-Feb-14 18:59:14

I got three mats from Aldi last summer, largely going on recommendations from a friend and also from posts on here. As a new camper, I was really pleased with them - lightweight, so quick to inflate and comfy to sleep on/ They take a few moments to re-roll when finished but so I have found them so much easier than airbeds. Kids find them comfy too! I think they were around £15 each.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now