Recommendations for Canvas/Eurocamp site in Italy

(7 Posts)
snowgirl1 Wed 01-Jan-14 23:47:44

We went with Canvas to the South of France last year and quite fancy Italy this year. Could anyone recommend a site in Italy? I like the idea of Lake Garda, but would like a sandy beach for our 2.5 year old to dig holes/build sandcastles in.

Nerfmother Wed 01-Jan-14 23:55:31

Euro camps have several near lake Garda, one within walking distance of the town. We are looking at this (did France last year) but it's the faff of driving and stopping somewhere that's putting us off.

snowgirl1 Thu 02-Jan-14 10:25:16

I think we're going to use some Avios we've built up to fly. Thanks for the Eurocamp suggestion. I'll have a look at their website tonight.

Nerfmother Thu 02-Jan-14 15:08:43

There's a lovely site in lake Garda that doesn't need a car?

snowgirl1 Fri 03-Jan-14 11:22:40

Thanks Nerfmother. We'd probably hire a car (again, using some of our Avios).

I had a look at the Canvas and Eurocamp websites last year and quite fancy the look of the Eden campsite at Posteres. Doesn't look too busy/noisy and I have images of DH and I sitting looking out over the lake view in the evening with a glass of wine while DD sleeps peacefully in the tent/mobile home... Anyone been to Eden at Posteres?

Nerfmother Fri 03-Jan-14 12:26:43

No but I am planning to book Garda village.

snowgirl1 Sat 04-Jan-14 09:06:03

Have you been there before? Can't remember Garda village - what made you choose that one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now