Hiring a campervan

(6 Posts)
Doodlez Fri 08-Feb-13 22:26:50

Hi

We hired a motor home from this company 2 years ago living the dream

I can highly recommend them - lovely people, excellent service.

Thewhingingdefective Fri 08-Feb-13 22:20:29

Thanks.

ohforfoxsake Wed 30-Jan-13 16:16:29

If you all want to sleep in the van (if you go for a VW) you'll need a Viking or Super-Viking (4 in the top, two underneath). Have a look on The Early Bay or The Late Bay websites, there might be some helpful advice on there.

It's a great community - and the VWs are lovely. There are 6 of us and we have a Viking - its a pile of filler and rust and the moment but we love it.grin

that's VW, not VS... smile

Hiya

We have our own VS van, but if you're not fussy about it being VW, try gogling for hiring Mazda Bongo's - conversions that are cheaper than VWs to buy so hopefully cheaper to hire.

Make sure you find out how much they charge for mileage, extra drivers, what insurance comes in the initial price and what baby or cooking gear they supply included or for a fee...

I hope you find a solution - we love our van and cant want to take our baby in it this year!

Thewhingingdefective Wed 30-Jan-13 16:06:37

Anyone had any experience? My kids are desperate to us to buy one (which no way can we afford) but we might be able to hire one for a week in the summer. We just want to stay in the UK and visit the north of England and maybe Scotland. Any recommendations of hire places (it's for two adults and four children) or tips on campervan holidays. A VW van would be awesome but any kind of van would be exciting for them.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now