What are your favourite meals to make while camping.....

(13 Posts)
PeasandCucumbers Sun 02-Dec-12 17:17:38

We usually take a curry, chilli or bolognaise that we made at home then froze. It keeps the coolbox cool for first day then on second eve we just reheat it & boil some rice or pasta

Fishwife1980 Sat 10-Nov-12 22:51:37

We have a mini oven so will be buying m&s bits yum yum

troutsprout Thu 08-Nov-12 11:32:18

One that I haven't had to cook myself
Or takeaway
Or yep... What Lord said
Or something I already cooked and froze at home and brought with me (hot pot... Spag bol...)

gerbilsarefun Wed 07-Nov-12 17:00:35

Pancakes the american way for breakfast with sausages and syrup. I usually buy the ready made pancakes but have made with a shake and serve batter mix. We use tins of curry or chicken supreme with ready cooked rice or fresh pasta. We also barbeque, and I cook jacket potatoes at home then warm up in the hot coals.

Chinwag Fri 02-Nov-12 13:37:12

He he mrs salvo!!
I think I've seen that cookbook. It it the one with washable pages grin?
Thanks for the suggestions.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Thu 01-Nov-12 19:02:07

okay will win no prizes for nutrition, but our favourite is a couple of tins of baked beans with sausages, with smash potato and grated cheese. And a box of cadburys roses grin

AndIfATenTonTruck Thu 01-Nov-12 18:53:23

I have a little book called the camping cookbook... haven't been camping since I bought it, mind.

want me to look up stuff in it? what do you cook on? what do you like eating at home?

WitchesWreakinHavoc Thu 01-Nov-12 17:48:26

What Lord said. OR takaway grin

usualsuspect3 Thu 01-Nov-12 17:46:17

Thats my kind of camping meal, Lordflasheart grin

Go to nearby supermarket and buy:

1 ready cooked whole chicken
1 posh loaf (pref french)
1 bag salad leaf
1 pack tomatoes

Job done.

EauRouge Thu 01-Nov-12 17:41:16

Those packets of fresh tortellini with a tin of tomatoes and some herbs (dried or some campsites have a herb garden). Cheap, easy and quick! Risotto or any kind of pasta dish that only needs one pot. Frittatas are cheap and easy too.

PotPourri Thu 01-Nov-12 15:46:57

Toast and beans. Pasta and sauce (jar that is). Scrambled egg or boiled. Risotto, macaroni and cheese (use carnation tinned cream and grated cheese for the sauce).

Chinwag Thu 01-Nov-12 12:11:48

Or caravanning??

I need ideas, but not keen on using lots of dried chemical-filled products :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now