I've tried other diets but I'm going back to calorie counting. Could someone remind me of the basics?!

(5 Posts)
carlywurly Wed 23-Oct-13 20:11:35

I wouldn't combine 1200 per day with 5:2,- personally I'd be ravenous and fall off the wagon pretty quickly.

I do 1200 cals a day with 4 work outs a week. I mix running, gym work and shred work outs with weights and lose 1-2 lbs per week on average.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 21-Oct-13 20:25:54

Forme the 12000 was too low. How about doing 15000 to 18000 with the 5:2?

OhCobblers Mon 21-Oct-13 11:03:29

Yes I'm on my fitness pal. Do you think calorie counting (1200 a day) combined with the 5;2 will work? I need to see something work fast as ive become so depressed with how I lose a few pounds then for some reason (on the low carb diet) if I have just a bit of wine one night I put on 3lbs!!!

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 21-Oct-13 06:45:27

H veg you tried Myfitnesspal? Most foods are in there so it counts your calories (and those from fat) for you.

I lost 2lb a week easily doing the 5:2, might be worth a try?

OhCobblers Sun 20-Oct-13 19:13:34

I've done it successfully before. And as low carbing hasn't worked for me I need to go back to my tried and tested method, however, I need to remember what are good things to eat low in fat? Any tips?

Due to a back injury I need to take it carefully with thr exercise but hope to 3 times a week but can't go crazy with the cardio. I need to lose 2 lbs a week as I have a stone and a half to lose by Xmas.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now