Fast milk

(6 Posts)
mamasco Thu 24-Nov-16 11:23:12

My poor wee 18 day old is suffering from wind. Been trying infacol past few days but not sure of how much of a difference it's making.

I think the main issue is that I have fast flowing milk. Aside from feeding in a reclined position, any other tips to help my LO with feeding comfortably and hopefully reducing discomfort?

mamasco Thu 24-Nov-16 11:24:10

Sorry, should say he's solely BF. No problems at all besides the fast milk smile

freewheezy Thu 24-Nov-16 22:11:48

You could try expressing some milk to get the first let down out of the way. I do this sometimes if it's been a while since the last feed.

mamasco Thu 24-Nov-16 22:54:33

freewheezy will give it a try. Never know how much to express though?

Vebrithien Thu 24-Nov-16 23:05:48

The first letdown generally happens within the first minute, so you can express for a couple of minutes. The reclining position really does help. Dd will feed for about 7 mins if I sit upright, or up to 20 mins if I lie back at an angle. You can also try winding mid feed. I've been using a haaka (sp?) pump to help the initial flow, if it's been a while, it's a all in one, silicon pump, that attaches via suction, and you can be hands free. Plus, the excess can be frozen. Once they get bigger, babies can deal with the flow much better.

Vebrithien Thu 24-Nov-16 23:07:13

Also, infacol takes about 3 weeks of use to work properly, so it is worth persisting with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now