is this enough

(4 Posts)
BeanyFTM80 Sun 03-Jul-16 17:55:06

My baby girl is 16 weeks and when last weighed was 12lbs 12oz. She is drinking between 24oz-27oz a day. She is bottle fed. All the guidelines say more but I can't force her to drink more. She seems happy enough, having bowel movements and wet nappies (sometimes not soaked through) and is very active and social. Should I be worried, I'm a first time mum. Thank you in advance xxx

confusedlilly Sun 03-Jul-16 18:20:35

My ds is 14 weeks old, he is a big baby weighing 14lb 13oz 3weeks ago. I have been wondering the same he takes between 25oz-30oz a day and I'm not sure if that's enough. My dd was a guzzler and she had lots of milk. I'm going to get him weighed this week and will ask the health visitor but I'm intrigued to see what people say. I struggle to get that much into him &I he sleeps through the night aswell.

MyBreadIsEggy Sun 03-Jul-16 18:23:35

I wouldn't be worried smile
My Dd was a tiny baby (5lb 15oz, born at 38 weeks), and she never drank as much as the guidelines said. I breastfed and then fed her expressed breast milk from bottles - at 4 months, she was only drinking 3.5-4oz at a time, but still put on weight steadily smile as long as your baby is gaining, I don't think there's any reason to worry!

BeanyFTM80 Sun 03-Jul-16 21:37:43

I'm getting Chloe weighed on Thursday and will also mention it to the health visitor. I'm sure it's fine, I just get hung up on guidelines and I shouldn't be as every baby is different. She seems happy and content enough, I'm a first time mum and suffer from anxiety so every little thing worries me xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now