Breast feeding and Periods

(6 Posts)
oliviap100 Fri 22-Aug-14 11:37:59

Hello!

Well ... I have a 13 week old baby, exclusively BF and this morning I have had a bit of what looks like my period starting and feeling a bit of period pain. With my first baby my periods didn't return until I had started weaning at 6months.

Is this normal? Or is my milk drying up? Baby is feeding every 3-4 hours and settling well afterwards ... Plenty of nappies etc!

Ladies, please reassure me that this is normal smile

Thanks x

tiktok Fri 22-Aug-14 12:15:39

No reason why it should not be normal - feeds every 3-4 hours could easily allow periods, though there is a wide variation among women and among lactations smile

It's not a sign of milk drying up.

oliviap100 Fri 22-Aug-14 12:53:27

Thank you Tiktok - it just surprised me that this happened as wasn't expecting it to for another couple of months!

Writerwannabe83 Fri 22-Aug-14 13:47:03

I had what I assume was a period 3 weeks ago. It was relatively light and lasted about 3 days.

My DS is 5 months and EBF.

I will be interested to see if another period arrives next month or not smile

McFox Fri 22-Aug-14 20:39:04

My DS is almost exclusively bf (just 1 ff per day and I express in it's place) and I got my first period at 7 weeks - I was hmm

RedPony Fri 22-Aug-14 22:34:56

My Ds is nearly 7 weeks and I am on my first period atm sad it started 3 days ago and has been really light so far. Ds is Ebf too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now