mouth ulcers - what can I use whilst BF?

(4 Posts)
dietcokeandwine Fri 08-Mar-13 20:35:30

Am prone to these when tired/run down and surprise, surprise, with a 5 week old baby (plus 3 year old and 8 year old) I'm slightly knackered, so wasn't surprised that I've developed a mouth ulcer or two!

Can I use anything whilst BF? I struggled to find anything I could use whilst pregnant but not sure if it's quite as restrictive for breastfeeding...

ZimboMum Fri 08-Mar-13 20:47:52

I am no expert, but I would have thought that something like bonjela would be okay whilst BF. You can get bonjela for babies, so you could always use that if you're worried.

I suffer from mouth ulcers too and although it is hell, if I can nip it in the bud with salt water swishing, then it sometimes buggers off and leaves. I feel your pain, it is horrible.

Good luck smile

Anbesol should be ok as it is only lidocaine which os whay dentists use and what the midwifes would have used if they needed to stitch your bits.

ZipItShrimpy Fri 08-Mar-13 20:51:08

Mouth ulcers suck.

You could go to the extreme level and dab a bit of salt straight onto them. It hurts for about a minute but then the pain is gone completely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now