How to stay awake during night feeds part 6 - all welcome to join us!

(1000 Posts)
funchum8am Thu 03-Jan-13 14:05:36

Hi everyone, cannot believe we have exchanged over 5000 messages!

mrsn when we shared our locations on here a while back, heff, goat and I all turned out to live near Uxbridge so we met up having met on here. It is lovely, if you are ever down south let us know!

macaroons sounds like we are in the same boat hmm I officially return to work on 15 Feb but that is actually the Friday before half term so only have that day and then another week off before full time return hits. I am lucky that DH is being a SAHD til 1st July so no drop offs, pick ups or worries about the childminder ringing me because babyfunch is ill etc, and she is in great hands with him, much as I have been critical of him til we talked it over recently. However I am worried about being at work on no sleep - I will get in a lot of trouble if I lose my rag with a pupil or indeed a member of my team (one of whom is a pain). I will have to perfect the art of letting some things go (eg uniform issues in the corridor as opposed to in my lessons - I spend a lot of time arguing with pupils about these and intend to stop save for the very worst!) and dealing with others by just reporting bad behaviour to heads of year rather than dealing with it myself. I am head of faculty so will focus just on what happens in lessons in my faculty rather than working quite so hard on having the best corridor behaviour in the school in my area - it is great having that but takes a lot of time, energy and conflict so it will just have to go n the back burner until I am getting proper sleep again. At this rate dd will be in year 7 by then herself and can help me!

Susieloo Sat 19-Jan-13 01:34:40

1st feed of the night since his bottle, hopefully he will go through until 7. brain I am googling the tiffin now it sounds awesome and I could do with doing some cooking or making/stirring with dss.

ChilliBanana Sat 19-Jan-13 02:01:47

Oh my god I hate tonight. Next door are having a party and they've just cranked the music up louder than it already was. Between them and baby chilli waking (and dh snoring) I've only had half an hour sleep so far and I just want to cry sad

larlemucker Sat 19-Jan-13 02:06:47

brain my dh makes that, its lush. He puts raisons in too so you get one of your 5 a day! And think of all the calcium you're getting from the chocolate!

larlemucker Sat 19-Jan-13 02:07:50

chilli as its after 11 your neighbours can't make that much noise, call the police

MissingMyMarbles Sat 19-Jan-13 03:40:36

Second feed but four hours since first, which had been 3 1/2 since 40 minute intruder after bed time. SO much better than of late! Please let this be the beginning if the good times........

Susieloo Sat 19-Jan-13 04:10:17

Hope they've settled down chilli. I lived next door to a 16 bed holiday cottage for a year-I used to dread Friday nights if I saw car loads of young people or single sex parties turn up because I knew it was going to get loud. Because we were in the middle of the countryside I think they just thought they could make as much noise as they liked-there is nothing worse when your desperate for sleep.

Babyloo awake playing his new favourite game of blowing bubbles, holding off feeding him just yet to see of he will settle without, dp getting up with him for breakfast at 7 so lie in for me.

BrainGoneAwol Sat 19-Jan-13 04:32:09

larle it is indeed. I'm going to struggle not to eat bits of it while DP is at work!

chilli absolutely report them to the council if they are noisy after 11pm. We've had to put up with loud neighbours and it is soul destroying, even without a baby. If you don't do it from the start you'll never get the courage up. Do you think they'd be open to a discussion about being considerate?

MissingMyMarbles Sat 19-Jan-13 06:08:06

Oh dear! Up for an hour already. Poor Missmarbles can't breathe through her nude especially when lying down. Hope it's a one-off snuffly nose and not a cold confused

Hello all, my first time posting on this thread, can I join?

My lovely five week old DS woke for his second night feed about 5:30, took a few mouthfuls and is now 'sleeping on the job'. I know if I try to put him down he'll wake again yelling. [sigh]

MrsNPattz Sat 19-Jan-13 06:22:03

Second feed here and hopefully not up time but he is very awake blush

I had the worst nightmare ever - I don't even want to say it out loud, I was so glad when I woke up!

chilli Oh no that's awful, I would definitely say something!

MrsNPattz Sat 19-Jan-13 06:22:22

Welcome coffee!

BrainGoneAwol Sat 19-Jan-13 06:32:43

Welcome coffee

Fourth feed here. Unfortunately babybrain has just sneezed himself wide awake hmm. Hoping that I can get him back to sleep this close to waking up time.

marbles and mrsn I hope you get more sleep

Loup23 Sat 19-Jan-13 08:48:59

Hi all, glad I found you again you may have thought I graduated but no baby Loup is regularly up from 1am on and off until morning at nearly 19 weeks sad

Have had a yuck look at thread and need to read all posts but see smallgreen that youre on to bottles, we're on day 2 of that although im also doing some BF so will see if it helps. So far no change sad

Will catch up now whilst I should be catching up on zzzzs (baby L downstairs with DH....) wink

ChilliBanana Sat 19-Jan-13 09:01:11

Had council number on my phone ready to ring and complain but they turned down the music just as I was settling baby chilli. They didn't turn it off completely until around 4.30. Brain they have a party like this every couple of months and have been approached before but it makes no difference.
On the bright side, dh is bringing me tea and takingmbaby chilli

ChilliBanana Sat 19-Jan-13 09:04:24

Argh, stoopid phone - taking baby chilli so I can have more sleep, yay!
Welcome coffee and sorry to hear about your nightmare mrsn, I hope it feels a bit less scary now.

BrainGoneAwol Sat 19-Jan-13 09:11:06

chilli that does sound like it is time to ring the council straight off. I guess the only thing is to encourage you to do it as soon as 11pm arrives. I always lay there thinking "I'll wait another 10mins" until eventually they stopped at some stupid hour in the morning. Be brave - you are in the right!

MrsNPattz Sat 19-Jan-13 09:45:09

We came downstairs at 7, but had a little nap on the sofa.

We were going to take little man swimming but it's snowing and he has been coughing and sneezing this morning so don't think it's a good idea.

MrsNPattz Sat 19-Jan-13 09:45:48

Thanks chilli!

Mmm chocolate and malteser tiffin smile

Chilli that is annoying, if you phone the council every time they do it they will get a warning, then a fine if it is a regular thing. At least your DH is looking after baby chilli to give you a break.

Well stitch is teething and has a cold so didn't get to sleep until 11.30pm last night as she couldn't feed and kept pulling off every couple of sucks. Seems better today and only woke at 3 and 7am, managed to feed ok both times so hopefully it is not going to happen again tonight.

Welcome coffee and welcome back loup.

Off to SIL's for nieces birthday today, hope the roads stay ok as more snow forecast later.

funchum8am Sat 19-Jan-13 14:06:44

Welcome coffee!

We have had two good nights due to co-sleeping and letting her feed at will lying down but last night that failed at about 3:30 when she got too full to keep feeding but wouldn't go back to sleep, just wailed!! Good job it is the weekend so we could do shifts with her.

Loup sounds like we have the same problem as you. I just do not know what to do and am regularly in tears over it now. Though DM tells me my niece was the same and there probably isn't a wind/pain/reflux type cause of her waking, which I thought there was because she thrashes about and cries so much....maybe it is just normal baby waking stuff which will pass in the end. Let me know if you hit on the solution! Might try formula but I am a bit reluctant as I gather it is harder to digest so if it IS wind then that will make it worse! Argh!

Mrsn sorry to hear about the bad dream, they are horrible aren't they? DH regularly has horrible ones but ironically they have stopped now he gets woken up all the time by babyfunch smile

Smallgreenone Sat 19-Jan-13 16:03:02

Welcome back loup! Yes we are on bottles but he still wakes in the night so no magic cure unfortunately! He is currently napping on me as also still can't persuade him to nap in his cot, need to work on that but am too tired.......

New thing learned today.
Don't wear a white top when feeding baby orange swee potato.
hmm
Doh.

Welcome back to old faces... Sorry that you have not graduated but lovely to see you again!

We are on bottles too, indeed no magic sleeping through the night liquid inside. But getting better I think. It was Kid's half birthday yesterday so am expecting great things confused

Ameybee Sat 19-Jan-13 17:11:39

Evening all! Baby whisperer technique failed today & he's been a grumpy monkey a lot of day, & been grazing on his bottles. He seems to take most of his milk in his bedtime bottle & middle of night one!

We are at DM's picking up DD but DM wanted us to stay over. I feel a bit spaces out & tired today & a bit teary. Always feels a bit harder work when not at home sad x

Smallgreenone Sat 19-Jan-13 18:29:04

amey think our babies are kindred spirits! I struggle to get baby small to take more then 3-4 oz during the day and at night he wolfs down 7oz bottles confused. How on earth I'm ever going to wean him off night feeds is beyond me if he thinks nighttime is for eating and daytime is for playing!

Susieloo Sat 19-Jan-13 18:35:57

Our bottle plan went out the window today because babyloo is cutting another tooth so we have had a very unhappy baby today, he's had calpol and teething gel but not expecting a good night and a bit gutted dp not giving him a bottle but he just wants to bf. I'm getting into bed with a book as soon as I can settle him in case we are up all night.

Welcome coffee and hello to everyone.

Have a good night all

This thread is not accepting new messages.