How to stay awake during night feeds part 2, sleepy mice need not apply

(1000 Posts)
technoduck Thu 04-Oct-12 04:06:09

Hello!
Carrying on are good work from the first thread , how do we keep are selfs awake? By chatting to each other sleepy heads!

MrsNPattz Thu 04-Oct-12 22:30:42

First feed of the night here - had a couple of hours sleep while hubby sat with him so should be prepared for tonight! I say should.......grin

Helpyourself Thu 04-Oct-12 22:51:33

techno is there a reason your ds has to be upright for half an hour? Apologies if I'm missing new advice- or if there's a particular reason.
Good nights all!

princesssugar Thu 04-Oct-12 22:53:35

Evening! After 2 hours sleep last night I am still wide awake and little prince is sleeping. This is not right surely? I know i will drop off and he will wake up, he has fed for what feels like all day apart froma short nap in the pram. I am hoping that means he has tanked up for tonight, realistically it probably means growth spurt and i have another night of feeding ahead.

Biscuits and tea at the ready!

BabylonPI Thu 04-Oct-12 23:18:11

Hi to all the newbies, I'm just doing what will hopefully be last feed for a while.

D'oh DS just been violently sick all down me and filled my bra up so much I've had to get a shower sad

This message obviously posted in two stints hmm

It's going to be a looooooong night - I can feel it!!

Dd2 up with constipation so bad she's been crying since 6pm sad

Drs tomorrow I think - and all I want is a bit of kip!!!!

missingmymarbles Thu 04-Oct-12 23:20:59

Evening all, especially newbies. Sorry not to individually comment, just too tired. Missmarbles down at 8 and just had good feed now. Hoping for a four/five hour stint. Injections this morning though, so will see how it goes
Good night

MiniPopsMum2012 Thu 04-Oct-12 23:33:59

We've just had 2 and a half hours sleep in a row. That includes me too - whooooooop!

Hey munx waves, welcome. Here, have an espresso grin

fingers crossed for a longer stretch once the next feed is out the way.

techno right there with you on the 30 mins post feed hold (really must think of a snappier name for it smile)... I usually have telly on, catch up on I player, reply to texts or emails, or read MN

HeffalumpsAndGoldenWoozles Thu 04-Oct-12 23:42:12

Hi all, checking in for tonight, did someone say biscuits?!

Last night baby Lump was fantastic, and because the ILs had DD1 overnight when baby had a lie in so did DH & I grin couldn't believe our luck!

Anyway today I stupidly didn't have a nap so doubtless will regret it later, just about to put Lump down and see how we go. Put her down an hour ago but she immediately had a massive poo so we had to clean up and start over again.

Night for now, everyone gets some sleep at some point!

MiniPopsMum2012 Thu 04-Oct-12 23:59:27

Oooh heffalump Minipop did that last night - huge feed, big poop, was then sick while being changed & managed to tip little bowl of bum water all over himself. No idea how he got his little hand into it!

HeffalumpsAndGoldenWoozles Fri 05-Oct-12 00:07:35

minipop "bum water" has just made me snort out loud, luckily only DH was disturbed and I think I passed it off as a cough <ahem>

I had forgotten just how much poo/sick/wee a tiny baby can produce in one go.

DD snoozing on me now, going to lay her back down in a minute & hope that third time lucky will mean she stays asleep this time.

Susieloo Fri 05-Oct-12 00:08:14

Hello whatever and munxsmile

Despite my doom and gloom post babyloo went straight to sleep at eight and is on first feed now so not too bad, I also had to go bed because I just couldn't keep my eyes open so I have had nearly four hours! I know I'm tired because I couldn't get warm in bed and ended up in pjs and my dressing gown and I hate sleeping in stuff!

When I put babyloo in his cot earlier he grumbled so after the success of babylon (hope you get some sleep soon) with ewan the dream sheep I put the heartbeat sound on babyloo's projector thing and he went straight to sleep, will try it again now to settle him.

He's having a fairly decent feed now so hopefully he will do another four and we can miss out the 2.30 feed of last night.

Going into town tomorrow to investigate grow bags, because babyloo is so big for his age I'm going to see if I can put him in one to check its big enough but won't go over his head!!

See you all later and sending the sleepy mouse with some sleepy dust to visit you allsmile

MiniPopsMum2012 Fri 05-Oct-12 00:13:12

I wanted to get a ewan the sheep, but wondered if it wouldn't works on Mimipop as he was born at 30wks and he's 18 week's already (8 weeks corrected).

technoduck Fri 05-Oct-12 00:18:42

Ducking has colic so it helps with his wind if I keep him upright after each feed, it really does work its helps him to not wake up because of wind! He's had a 30min sleep then up again for more feeding, just about to put him down. See you all in a bit!

ReturnOfTheMunx Fri 05-Oct-12 02:11:27

Well that's us up for the first feed, a 4 hour gap so not too bad!

Not very good at one hand typing yet........

princesssugar Fri 05-Oct-12 02:21:32

Oo the sleep fairies have been out and about haven't they? Were just up for first feed at 2am. So little prince went about 4 hours...

Lol at bum water!

MrsNPattz Fri 05-Oct-12 02:25:29

It gets easier returnofthemunx lol

First feed of the night here - went from 8.30pm to 2am so 5.5 hours which is great. She fed for 15mins but is now showing no signs of going back to sleep, gah!

HeffalumpsAndGoldenWoozles Fri 05-Oct-12 02:29:31

I'm paying for my good night last night. Every time I put lump down she wakes up within 20 minutes. I'm so very tired now and she's once again happily asleep on me while I wonder if its worth putting her back or not.

Susieloo Fri 05-Oct-12 02:31:13

Grrrrrrr-don't know what this weird little two hour stretch is all about between midnight and now-I want my nice six hour stretches back!!

Oooh I just want to be asleep again

Susieloo Fri 05-Oct-12 03:42:21

And we are up again, no idea what this is all about, I will definitely be on nap watch today, can't keep my eyes open.

Why oh why has Kidlet decided that feeding requires an Olympic gymnastic floor routine with running commentary?

Repeat after me, Kidlet... Nipples are not elasticated...

Smicha Fri 05-Oct-12 04:00:40

Hello! We had 3 and a half hours sleep tonight in a row. I feel like a new woman -that's my longest unbroken sleep since ds was born 10 days ago. Hope that doesn't mean he won't go back down after this feed hmm

Smicha Fri 05-Oct-12 04:02:31

Ooh, that sounds like a right gloating post now I re-read it! I was just so excited to have had more than his usual 1 to 2 hours!

princesssugar Fri 05-Oct-12 04:10:21

Little prince just gone back down. 2 hour feed as everytime i oved him he latched on again.

goats mine stretches nipples too. I am quite amazed at how far mine go tbh
Ds1 always tried to watch tv while feeding so has probably stretched them beyond belief

HeffalumpsAndGoldenWoozles Fri 05-Oct-12 04:13:58

It's that time again, exploding poo sad

I'm hoping that at least having to clean her up, strip and redress and do nappy will mean she might take a good full feed now and sleep better afterwards. Here's hoping anyway.

smicha that's great, a few extra hours make all the difference to how you feel don't they. Hope it continues for you.

This thread is not accepting new messages.