Gisele Bundchen once again

(361 Posts)
StewieGriffinsMom Mon 02-Aug-10 21:28:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WoTmania Mon 02-Aug-10 21:29:51
StewieGriffinsMom Mon 02-Aug-10 21:31:39

winnybella Mon 02-Aug-10 21:32:14

Oh, FFS. She's not the brightest person in the world, is she.

And that last comment about not expecting someone else getting the baby out of her.

what an idiot
and am i the only one who's never heard of her?

StewieGriffinsMom Mon 02-Aug-10 21:34:01

WoTmania Mon 02-Aug-10 21:34:27

You are welcome. She's just in the early BF Envangelist stage and I think her intentions are good. Maybe someone should suggest if she really wants to get people BF to 6 months and beyond she get some proper training as a peer supporter or BF counsellor.

I've now read to the end and changed my mind. She's a smug idiot.

Who would want to be supported by her!!
I know what you mean, bf has become very important to me since I've done it but I hope I'd never have had the insensitive stupidity to say something like that

quaere Mon 02-Aug-10 21:36:30

Stick to looking pretty, love

StewieGriffinsMom Mon 02-Aug-10 21:37:13

WoTmania Mon 02-Aug-10 21:39:33

SPB - that's why she needs proper training and someone to redirect her enthusiasm. grin

Do you think proper training can actually fundamentally change her opinion though? Or do you think the smugness and judginess will be there under the surface, waiting to inflict itself on some poor hormonal woman?

StewieGriffinsMom Mon 02-Aug-10 21:44:22

theyoungvisiter Mon 02-Aug-10 21:45:15

Yerch.

I mean it's nice that she's happy an'all but, honestly - engage brain, speak. Preferably in that order.

What's the betting her next baby will be a 68-hour back-to-back labour which stalls when the baby unexpectedly disengages and turns transverse?

WoTmania Mon 02-Aug-10 21:49:25

I think it would possibly make her more aware of others peoples feelings and views.
I trained (PS) with someone who started out very similarly opinioned. She still thinks the same but accepts that it isn't worth ramming it down people's throats but more worthwhile to help and support people who want supporting and let the ripple effect do it's thing.

StewieGriffinsMom Mon 02-Aug-10 21:49:53

WoTmania Mon 02-Aug-10 21:51:38

TYV - hehe, my MW had a 'perfect' fed every 4hours, contented, gained a lb a week on BM alone baby first time. 2nd time was the type who needs to be held all the time and is screaming before their eyes are open if you dare to put them down.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Mon 02-Aug-10 21:54:19

And how exactly would she enforce such a law. And what would happen to those that broke it. The woman is mad.

NOt that I had ever heard of her before.

WoTmania Mon 02-Aug-10 21:58:21

Well, obviously, you'd have to show ID (*photo* ID) for the baby whenever you went shopping and sales of blenders/food processors to those in parenthood of an under 6 mo would be banned just in case they sneaked a renegade puree in.

WoTmania Mon 02-Aug-10 21:59:20

and all those caught breaking this law would have to go to prison - it wouldn't matter because it's not as they're exclusively BF, is it?

StewieGriffinsMom Mon 02-Aug-10 21:59:35

WoTmania Mon 02-Aug-10 22:01:24

Do you know, I would cheerfully wetnurse. Bring it on. grin

StewieGriffinsMom Mon 02-Aug-10 22:02:49

WoTmania Mon 02-Aug-10 22:06:11

oh, I'd be fine. I would just cosleep. What's a little lost sleep anyway. I'm hardcore me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now