Marking anniversary of friend's still birth

(4 Posts)
KanyesVest Mon 01-Feb-16 20:46:07

My lovely friend and her lovely husband had their beautiful baby stillborn almost a year ago. They are still horribly devastated. (I know they always will be, but it's still very raw.) I want to mark their baby's birthday/anniversary, but I'm not sure how to do it sensitively. I would like to get some sort of keepsake, but I don't know what. Ideally I'd get tree or plant of some sort, but there are major allergies in the family which rule it out. I'm sorry to ask, but any suggestions/advice would be very gratefully received. Thanks.

FadedRed Mon 01-Feb-16 20:52:54

Personally I wouldn't send a 'keepsake, as a friend, for this. I think a card "thinking of you" with a handwritten message would be enough to let them know you have remembered the day and care for them.

angelopal Tue 02-Feb-16 19:44:26

Agree a card to let them know you are thinking of them. Just remembering their baby's birthday will mean a lot.

KanyesVest Wed 03-Feb-16 09:37:21

Thanks, I'll definitely be sending/giving a card, but I feel like something tangible would be a good thing too. I'll think some more about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now