Do I call sil?

(10 Posts)
CointreauVersial Sun 10-Mar-13 16:51:21

That was really sweet of you. There's no doubt she was thinking about her mum today.

everlong Sun 10-Mar-13 16:42:41

I'm glad you got in touch. It's always lovely to be remembered.

I sent her a text and she was really touched. Her dh is crap at anything like mothers day and she might just want to lay low. Thanks everyone

That's a fab idea. Can you add something lovely about her mum from an event or about her. My in law family are an insensitive lot and today it would have been lovely if they could show some caring for a change as I lost my mum last year. The super fb heartfelt message today to all from Woolly Hugs makes up for this big time! Xx

That sounds good lady, not too intrusive

Thank you both, I just this horrible feeling that on the absolute outside chance that she wasn't really doing mothers day I might make it worse. I'll call.

LadyKinbote Sun 10-Mar-13 08:38:04

Could you just text and say 'thinking of you today, hope you have a lovely day with DDs'?

Hopeforever Sun 10-Mar-13 08:36:40

It's wonderful that you understand how she might be feeling, phone her, she will be thinking of her mum and knowing that you have thought of her today will help.

She may well cry but that's ok and it's ok fr her daughters to see how much she loved her mum and misses her

giraffesCantDateDucks Sun 10-Mar-13 08:36:00

I would - she will be upset anyway.

My lovely sil lost her mum on Xmas day past. I keep thinking of them both today and am torn between sending her a message saying so or just leaving it in case it upsets her more and spoils her own mothers day, she has two beautiful dds. So wise mnetters. What do I do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now