My dad

(5 Posts)
madasa Tue 30-Oct-12 06:49:59

That would be lovely if your DD did get to play with her Grandma in her dreams smile

Thank you for your kind words

MrsWolowitz Sun 28-Oct-12 08:07:55

Oh that's a lovely thought.

He sounds like a great man.

My DD1 often tells me that she plays with "Grandma" (my mil who died when I was pregnant with her) in her dreams. One time she told me that Grandma cooked her lasagna for tea. Lasagna was mild signature dish, I'd never told DD1 that and it's not something I cook so I like to think she does see grandma in her dreams. Your dad and dps dad may well be sharing that pint.

madasa Sun 28-Oct-12 07:59:23

Thank you MrsWolowitz

He was just the most laid back, kind and gentle man ever.

He was a fairly quiet man but he didn't miss a trick....he saw everything going on...he was so wise.

He never stressed about anything.

He was ill for four years with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia. He defied all the odds and lived for much longer than anyone expected him to.

He was only 74. Throughout his illness he never ever complained....not once.

He died with my sister and I with him at her house.

It is also the 5th anniversary of my DP's dad's death. They died on the same date. They had the same name and my DP and I have the same name.

I like to think they are somewhere sharing a pint.

MrsWolowitz Sun 28-Oct-12 07:50:17

Oh I'm so sorry.

Would you like to tell us about him?

madasa Sun 28-Oct-12 07:46:46

I lost my precious dad a year ago today.

In some ways it feels like just yesterday.

In other ways it feels like a lifetime since I had a hug from him or he called me 'lovey'.

I miss him and it hurts so badly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now