What snacks do you give your 1-2 year olds when out and about?

(57 Posts)
MeeWhoo Mon 26-Nov-12 12:32:23

Ds will soon be 14mo and I need ideas for snacks that are not too messy so that he can eat them on his push chair or at the park, etc. At the moment I am stuck with banana and biscuits....

EMS23 Wed 28-Nov-12 11:01:15

It's true I tell you! She's an 'individual' little thing at the best of times. I wish I could say she prefers all manner of healthy snacks but to be honest, jammy dodgers are her snack of choice!

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 28-Nov-12 11:16:40

Ahh the jammy dodger, a classic for a reason!

sh77 Wed 28-Nov-12 22:35:40

Bought breadsticks for ds 20 mths for the first time ever today. He disn't seem impressed. BUT he is off all foods at the moment due to a cold.

He loves sweetcorn but sure if they provide any nutritional benefit when they come out looking the same as when he put them in his mouth.

MeeWhoo Thu 29-Nov-12 09:59:07

Sorry I disappeared, I got distracted by RL.
Thank you everyone for sharing your tips, there are a few ones I can try right now and some more to try at home and maybe out and about when he is a bot older as he is very messy, spits "skins" out and only has 4 teeth so not everything is suitable yet.
This thread is also making me miss the UK and the easy to find snacks such as cereal bars, fruity loafs and all the rest!

ATourchOfInsanity Thu 29-Nov-12 12:03:06

sh77 we get the same here with the raisins- she loves them though so some must get chewed for taste, surely?!
Oh and maltloaf - Soreen - with butter on. Can get messy though - brown slime dribble.

Zimbah Fri 30-Nov-12 21:29:54

I avoid maltloaf for that reason Insanity. It's truly disgusting when it's been chewed for a few minutes and then spat back out again, a brown, gooey mess that is near impossible to remove from clothing!

Smudging Fri 30-Nov-12 21:45:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now