Peter?

(33 Posts)
foodaholic Sun 05-Jan-14 23:12:44

I like this for my baby due in March. It has a family connection but I'm concerned that it might be seen as a bit dated. All opinions gratefully received...

OBehaveMaeve Mon 06-Jan-14 13:00:28

I love it. I only know one and he's about ten I think.

This is the kind of name I like though. My list was all the other names like this, classic and not trendy, maybe dated to some, but I think there is a difference between Peter and say Brian and Derek. I like Robert, Richard, Dominic, Nicholas, Patrick and David too.

foodaholic Mon 06-Jan-14 22:15:06

I agree. I see it as a classic name and have veered away from super trendy or popular names with my other DC. Those are the kinds of names I like too ohbehave. I actually don't know if its a boy so need to think of girl options too. Really can't decide on that either so might start another thread soon smile

CeliaLytton Mon 06-Jan-14 22:16:53

I love Peter! Hate the nn Pete though but judging by how some teenage boys address each other, 'Pete' could be one of the better names!

everlong Tue 07-Jan-14 06:39:31

Lovely.

buttercrumble Tue 07-Jan-14 06:46:02

Very dull

Flossiechops Tue 07-Jan-14 06:54:52

Dull from dullsville imho

Splendid name. High King of Narnia! I would give him a more unusual middle name though, and try to think of a nn that isn't Pete.

fairisleknitter Tue 07-Jan-14 08:58:30

foodaholic: In the same vein, Jean is my current favourite for a girl, nn Jeannie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now