Adam and Amy?

(13 Posts)
noodlebum Thu 22-Aug-13 15:30:09

I think they go fine together

MAureen Lipman called her children Amy and Adam.

everlong Tue 20-Aug-13 22:36:08

Much prefer Kate. Adam and Kate. Adam and Sarah. Both nice.

Amy is a bit meh. Sorry.

GW297 Tue 20-Aug-13 22:03:55

I know a brother and sister called Adam and Amy. I think they go well together and are both nice names.

RoadToTuapeka Tue 20-Aug-13 09:08:14

I have cousins in their late 20s/early 30s, about 4 years apart in age, called Adam and Amy! I never thought it odd or strange, or too matchy. No one else in the family has made adverse comments either.

JuniperBush Tue 20-Aug-13 01:44:50

Thank you! I do tend to overthink these things. I was wanting to avoid the same initial but Amy is the only name we both love, another name would be a compromise (probably mine!).

LittlePandaBear Mon 19-Aug-13 22:47:42

I know of a brother and sister called Adam and Amy, both adults now. The names sound good together to me. Their mother also had an A name.

BlueStarsAtNight Mon 19-Aug-13 21:20:04

I feel like they shouldn't go together but actually I think they really sound good! I like Kate too, but think Amy would be my favourite.

donttellalfred Mon 19-Aug-13 16:29:09

I think they go nicely together. Not too matchy at all.

Redbug Mon 19-Aug-13 12:19:34

My DH is Adam, his sister is Amy. They seem largely unscathed grin. They have never mentioned same initial being a problem - I have same initial as my mother and it never caused an issue either.

ch1134 Mon 19-Aug-13 12:18:31

I always wonder what happens with post when people give their kids names starting with the same letter. It must get very confusing. I've known families where everyone had the initials JKC - so a letter to Miss J K Coates could be for any of the 3 girls. And one where all 6 family members where H, so again, Miss H Harris? I suppose it's easier as it's a boy and a girl but maybe something to consider?

Bowlersarm Mon 19-Aug-13 10:25:50

I think Amy would be ok with Adam as they sound slightly different. The 'A' pronounciation is different, and the 'y' ending makes them sound different.

Having said that I also like Kate, Hannah, and Sarah!

JuniperBush Mon 19-Aug-13 10:22:22

We have a son named Adam. Would Amy be too matchy, or too much of a mouthful when calling out for them?

We like simple, classic names, preferably short (due to long last name) and Amy was what we had settled on if Adam had been a girl. However I'm just not sure about them for two siblings.

Any other name suggestions? I also love Kate and Hannah, my partner likes Sarah.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now