Alissia-Rose ...

(39 Posts)
toni1bump Tue 21-May-13 11:31:00

Trying to.come up with.girls names and this is probablly my definite option....

Story behind it.. DH likes 'Alice' i.said no as it just makes me think of the very rude song (who the f**k is alice) ... And he likes Rose.. I like rose but not.for a first names.

So ive lengthened alice to alissia and used rose as second name..
Rose would be a middle name if it was upto me but we're unsure whether to hyphenate it yet... What do you all think?

My first choice was Olivia but DH.doesnt like sad!

FuturePerfect Wed 22-May-13 14:22:34

You know what OP? I know you came on here asking for opinions, but there are always going to be people who don't like your choices in life for one reason or another and are blunt about saying so! You don't have to cave in to their random 'rules'. There is nothing wrong with choosing a name you and your partner love. Really.smile

Moxiegirl Wed 22-May-13 14:26:13

How about Eloise, it's the girl's name I didn't get to use.
I like Alyssa Rose.

miffybun73 Wed 22-May-13 14:59:41

How about Alicia?

toni1bump Wed 22-May-13 17:00:33

I like alicia but as i said in previous post its my DHs daughters middle name sad.. Im thinking either Elysa or Alyssa ..

And i agree FuturePerfect but i wanted a few opinions off here because i didnt want to.give my DD a name that people who i know pretend to like.. I know how honest everyone on here is :p.. Mixed opinions really.. Hmmm... I have a way to go yet anyway so have time to pick correct version/spelling :p.. I think were deffinately going to use Rose as middle name though x

Weegiemum Wed 22-May-13 17:04:47

We considered Alicia - the normal spelling - though we went with something else.

Rose is a very common middle name. Do you have a family name that you'd like to use instead? Or a sentiment you want to express (our dc 2&3 have family names, dd1 has Morna as her middle America, we loved it and it means "beloved").

toni1bump Wed 22-May-13 17:10:25

Nooo no family names sad im named after my dad which is a little embarassing haha.. He is Tony im Toni :p wish we did have a family name it would.be so.much easier!! Grrrr :p Morna is a lovely middle name x

sleepingbeautiful Wed 22-May-13 18:03:46

I like your Alyssa alternative that came up during this thread. Alyssa Rose with no hyphen looks and sounds nice.

toni1bump Thu 23-May-13 10:45:26

I think i have a winner :p x

NotYoMomma Fri 24-May-13 20:41:14

Can I take a moment to be chuffed with myself lol.

I LOVE Alyssa Rose!

CPtart Fri 24-May-13 20:53:38

Love the name spelt Alicia, but not another Rose!

Know an Elissa.

unlucky83 Fri 24-May-13 21:05:06

I wanted to use the name Alice (family name) - but DD1 didn't look like an Alice - and DP didn't like it - in the end DD1's middle name is Alissa.
When DD2 came along (quite a few years later) after lots of dithering - decided she was going to be called 'Lily' but at last minute at the registry office we decided that wasn't right for her and went with Alicia (not A-lee-sha grrr) - we call her 'Lissy'
So DD1 middle name and DD2 first name are almost identical - and it really isn't a problem ...
I really wanted to call her Violet (letty for short) -but DP and DD1 hated it ...
(BTW I still like Alicia but do get annoyed by people asking me how she pronounces it...etc -so maybe not a good idea)....

looneytune Fri 24-May-13 23:56:29

Oh, I thought how much I liked it when I saw the OP title!

PuppyMonkey Fri 24-May-13 23:59:10

I'm just saying, I'm a bit squiffy and I see Axl Rose hashtag Guns n Roses.

Stokes Sat 25-May-13 12:40:16

To be honest, if your DH's daughter's middle name is Alicia, then I think anything in the Alice/Alesha/Alyssa/Alissia range is too close to her name to use...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now