Twin girls - narrowing it down

(31 Posts)
Linguaphile Mon 13-May-13 22:52:43

We just found out our twins are girls, so we've narrowed down the list. Which combo (or other configuration) is your favourite? Gray, Aline, Rose, and Eve are all family names, and our last name is a one-syllable Y name.

Felicity Winter and Vivienne Gray

Vivienne Gray and Rose Evangeline

Philippa Eleanor and Eve Aline

Philippa Eleanor and Vivienne Gray

Eve Aline and Vivienne Gray

Felicity Charlotte and Rose Evangeline

Rose Evangeline and Philippa Eleanor

Eve Aline and Felicity Winter

kerala Wed 15-May-13 14:57:09

Lovely names but avoid Eve like the plague. Its ridiculously popular - one third of the girls in DDs class are called Eve. It is this generations Sarah.

MadBusLady Wed 15-May-13 11:32:57

I think your first pair are absolutely gorgeous and unimproveable. Only disadvantage I can think of is the most obvious nicknames of both have similar sounds for shouting-across-the-park purposes (Fliss and Viv).

You could subsitute "Rose" or "Aline" for "Winter" so that both have family middle names, but then Winter is so beautiful.

Ihatepeas Tue 14-May-13 22:25:42

Felicity winter and Vivian grey is truely fabulous!!! I love it!

I don't like Philippa Eleanor together (both lovely names) It sounds clunky.

chickensaladagain Tue 14-May-13 21:43:01

Does Gray go with your surname ok?

pigletpower Tue 14-May-13 21:37:32

Bloody hell not another Felicity! Looks like it's getting popular! Vivienne Gray is gorgeous as is vivienne Winter.

twinklestar2 Tue 14-May-13 20:38:58

night1971 Tue 14-May-13 19:23:16

What beautiful names and not popular, in a good way. Will be respectable "grown up" names too. They sound confident and are slightly understated.

Love Vivienne and like felicity but don't like either middle name for that combo.
Evangeline is sweet but would go Evangeline Rose not Rose Evangeline.
Philippa Eleanor is lovely; don't like Eve Aline as they merge together and too short overall imho.

My favourite = Vivienne Eleanor and Felicity Charlotte, but that wasn't an option. smile

MineOrk Tue 14-May-13 15:44:58

Vivienne doesn't have to be Viv, she could be Vee. Vee n Rosegrin

MineOrk Tue 14-May-13 15:33:31

Of your combos I love Vivienne Gray and Rose Evangeline. But I love Winter as a middle name so how about Rosealine Winter?

Felicity Winter is beautiful!

I always think Evangeline sounds like one of Cinderella's ugly sisters - that's maybe just me though others here seem to like it.

AgathaPinchBottom Tue 14-May-13 14:26:39

I love Vivienne Gray and Rose Evangeline

notso Tue 14-May-13 13:38:44

Vivianne Gray is too much like Dorian Gray to me, I think Vivianne is awful sorry.
Eve Aline sounds like Aveline.

I really love Philippa Gray and Evangeline Rose

I love the first combination on your list - lovely.

forevergreek Tue 14-May-13 13:16:45

Vivienne gray and evangeline rose, well balanced, not matchy and both middle names honor family members.

Vivienne Gray and Felicity Rose

or

Vivienne Gray and Eleanor Rose or Eleanor Aline.

I like Gray as a first name too - so, if it went with the surname I might go for

Vivienne Rose and Gray Eleanor

JojoMags Tue 14-May-13 11:36:20

Vivienne is likely to get shortened to Viv - not nearly as nice and on the Pamela/Patricia spectrum iyswim! What about Felicity Winter and Philippa Gray? They balance well, use you fab mn and both have great nn.

I don't like Eve Aline - just sounds like you've missed out the middle bit of Evangeline! Also not keen on Charlotte - too 'clunky' with your other names.

Peetle Tue 14-May-13 11:10:00

We have twins and the girls first names are both the same length, something which adds balance when you see them written down together (which you will, a lot). A friend of ours has twins and one has a much longer name than the other and this just looks unbalanced to me.

Just a personal preference but I thought I'd mention it.

Regarding your names "Vivienne Gray" sound like a rakish toff with a past - though he would be "Vivian" obviously. Good name though.

bollockstoit Tue 14-May-13 11:04:39

Vivienne and Rose are both such beautiful, elegant names

bollockstoit Tue 14-May-13 11:03:25

Vivienne Gray and Rose Evangeline is my favourite combination

Felicity Aline and Vivienne Gray would be my pick.

JojoMags Tue 14-May-13 10:57:12

1st or second but would change Rose Evangeline to Evangeline Rose maybe to balance better with Vivienne

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 14-May-13 10:02:33

I remember your previous thread, loved Vivienne Gray then and still do! smile

Seren fell by the wayside? pity. Eve or Ava are so popular I think I'd go for the more striking Felicity or Philippa with Charlotte as a second name.

exoticfruits Tue 14-May-13 07:04:12

Felicity Charlotte and Rose Evangeline.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now