long ass names

(23 Posts)
ncc85 Thu 09-May-13 21:18:07

Everyone's opinion on 2nd middle names?!?!

AmandaPayneNeedsANap Thu 09-May-13 21:20:33

I like them. Hell, you only get to name a child a few times (unless you are on 16 kids and counting). Enjoy it I say!

Startail Thu 09-May-13 21:23:43

DH would rather not have had his as a child as it's a very uncool old man name. Does make his initials run off the tongue rather well.

Living in the wilds of rural Wales I'd never met anyone with a second middle before.

Neither of my DDs do as their names just work as they are.

Ruprekt Thu 09-May-13 21:25:07

Both my boys have 2 middle names....I love them.

ncc85 Thu 09-May-13 21:30:07

Lol love your way of thinking AmandaPayneNeedsANap !

TallulahBetty Thu 09-May-13 21:32:20

I have one middle name. My (younger) brother has two. Even now I am jealous angry

Can't see much point tbh, unless for v v indecisive parents or for parents who fell they need to 'honour' lots of people!

Both our DC have two...
DP and I also have two,so it wasnt even something we thought about.
Go for it I say,if you've got names you want to use,use them!

Playerpleeeese Thu 09-May-13 22:30:31

One of my nieces has 3 middle names, none of them flow off the tounge or even go together nicely iykwim shock her siblings only have one middle name each, it is a bit weird.

My 3 DCs all have two middle names. We like unusual names and so chose two of those and then added a top 20 name should they feel the need to revert to that when they are older.

MyNameIsAnAnagram Thu 09-May-13 22:34:24

I have two, as does ds. Dc2 will also have two. I like it grin

Happylady09 Thu 09-May-13 22:35:52

My DS has 2 middle names as one was my fathers and his uncle who passed away. I would only give my child middle names with meanings x

contortionist Thu 09-May-13 22:51:12

I have two middle names and find it a bit of a pain occasionally. My bank still thinks I only have one middle name and so misses out one initial on all their stuff (inc,using cards and chequebook). Forms sometimes assume you only have one middle name (e.g. the green US visa waiver form), or don't have enough space to write both in.
That said, I changed my name by deed poll when I got divorced so I could easily have dropped a middle name then, but decided not to. So I suppose it can't irritate me that much.

elQuintoConyo Thu 09-May-13 23:06:52

My Dsis has two middle names, I have one godawful 70s middle name. Should I be jealuos?
Give your dc as many as you like.
DS has just a firstname but two surnames as DH is forrin. Four names would be greedy grin

My two have two middle names each. My brother has 5 middle names. He loves them.

Bessie123 Thu 09-May-13 23:10:45

Ooh, gwendolyn are you Princess Anne?

Bessie123 Thu 09-May-13 23:11:09

gwendoline blush

MissTweed Fri 10-May-13 03:44:31

I have two middle names, the 2nd one is a hideous name (after my gran) but because its mixed in with others you don't notice it as much. If it was my only middle name i would hate it much more. I plan to give my DC two middle names also but again, they will be meaningful family names not random ones. If there is a second name I really like then I would rather keep it for another child

3boysgirlontheway Fri 10-May-13 04:30:44

My DD has two middle names, no honouring of anyone going on, we just liked them both.

Two of my dcs have two middle names. Ds2's is to revive a name from his blood line. Dd's 2nd middle name was her bump name when I was pregnant and we kept it. It's a boys name and she loves it as it's unusual in England.

nooka Fri 10-May-13 04:49:54

I have two middle names and find it a bit of a nuisance for the same reasons as contortionist. I really dislike seeing my name with just the one middle name (just doesn't feel like me) so most of the time I drop both initials.

nooka Fri 10-May-13 04:50:48

but I was hoping to see a thread about 'long ass' names - I wondered what they were grin

Exhaustipated Fri 10-May-13 14:21:28

My DD has three names - a three syllable, four syllable, and another three syllable, plus (two syllable) surname.

It's a long ass name but I love it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now