The name Arthur?

(35 Posts)
Doodledumdums Sun 31-Mar-13 22:54:29

Just a light-hearted question really! DH and I have a 12 week old son called Arthur. When we picked it, we thought it was not particularly common, and were hoping that he'd be the only one in his class etc (not that it matters really, we just thought that it was a fairly uncommon name!). Anyway, since he has been born, I have known of no less than THREE other Arthurs who have been born! (Only to friends of friends, but three is quite a lot!)

Has this name suddenly increased in popularity, or were DH and I naive in thinking that it wasn't particularly popular at the moment?! Do you know many Arthurs?!

As I said, not that it matters, we still love his name, but I just wondered!

Lionsntigersnbears Tue 02-Apr-13 16:19:48

I know of only 2 Arthurs, one is 19 one is 2 :-)

BuggedByJake Tue 02-Apr-13 16:25:59

I know one aged 5. It's a lovely strong, classic name.

QOD Tue 02-Apr-13 16:37:59

2 new baby boys locally, both Arthur

CheshireDing Tue 02-Apr-13 20:22:46

There is 1 Arthur if pfb baby classes and he is built like a shed grin

It's a cool name.

CitizenOscar Tue 02-Apr-13 20:26:53

I know two, both born in London about 9/10 months ago.

Coconutty Tue 02-Apr-13 20:30:25

I know one 15yo Arthur and 3 little ones, one born last week! nice name.

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 03-Apr-13 08:11:16

I think it's a lovely name. I always secretly wanted to use it,it was my dearly beloved and sadly deceased grandad's name. I have noticed that it suddenly become more popular. That isn't a bad thing though,a couple of years ago it was considered really "out there" and sneered at a bit. Now it is at least a bit more mainstream.

Congratulations on your new baby smile

serin Wed 03-Apr-13 20:48:41

I blame Bradley James Here

intheshed Thu 04-Apr-13 11:43:47

I know two little Arthurs. I think it might be the new Alfie/Archie - sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear! I do love the name though ( but we already have a Martha so it's never going to happen grin)

imonkey Thu 04-Apr-13 11:57:46

I don't know any Arthurs. It's a lovely name however!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now