Mother's intuition. I'm pregnant. Short listed names.

(32 Posts)
MamaBlue4 Sat 30-Mar-13 13:40:15

Started a thread awhile back as I thought I was pregnant, well I was right! I'm around 4 weeks, won't know for sure until 11+6 scan.

We decide on names very early and we're pretty good at sticking with them too, as we choose all baby names very early and the names stuck. We have a short list, opinions welcome smile

BOY:
Sevastyan Alekzander - I love this.
Zachariah Alexei - DH loves this.
Nikolai Hans - DF loves Nikolai
Izaak Rein

GIRL:
Svetlana Mae
Delilah Franziska - DF loves Delilah
Sophia Anneliese - We love this but not too keen on Sophia as first name.
Helena Eve

We'res a poll option when you need one haha.

MamaBlue4 Mon 01-Apr-13 10:12:58

zola I agree about the short middle name but I can't seem to find any ones I like - saying that I haven't looked that well.

Our surname is 3 syllables.

Anneliese will be pronounced ANN-uh-lees (but ann-uh is 1 syllable) as my DH pronounces it like believes that is the correct way, so who am I to argue with a German haha.

All names we've chosen flow well with our surname and fairly easy to say.

ZolaBuddleia Mon 01-Apr-13 13:27:34

Here are the names of the Germans I know: Sissy, Flora, Gesine, Julia, Florian.

Love Anneliese, was just wondering if you were planning on saying Ann-uh-lee-suh.

bootsycollins Mon 01-Apr-13 13:38:34

Loving the Russian/German influence. Have you considered Sergio? I love that name. When I think of Russian girls names I think of Anastasia and Tatiana I love Gisele too. I really like Svetlana, and Lana for short is also lovely.

RalphtheTimid Mon 01-Apr-13 17:26:02

Delilah Mae
Izaak Rein

MamaBlue4 Mon 08-Apr-13 20:14:30

Hey, everyone. We've finally settled on the names. So now it's all just a waiting game to see if it's twins and what gender they are. Our names are:

Boys:
Sevastyan Alekzander - Chosen single name.
Izaak Zachariah.

Girls:
Koda Anneliese - Chosen single name.
Delilah Franziska.

Boy/Girl twin:
Sevastyan Alekzander.
Koda Anneliese.

I'm happy, DH is happy.

DF still doesn't know I'm pregnant although I'm surprised he hasn't clicked on from the odd name conversation. Or maybe he does know and he's gunna act surprised haha.

jkklpu Mon 08-Apr-13 22:49:20

I know a Russo-German couple who are planning Filippa for their dd.
My favourite Russian names are Nina, Elena, Alexei and Konstantin; Nikolai is good, too.

whyno Tue 09-Apr-13 12:38:43

Love Zachariah, Delilah and Helena

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now