Rosanna or Susannah/Suzanna?

(12 Posts)
LadyLetch Sun 20-Jan-13 10:30:40

Definitely Susannah. A much nicer name IMHO (although I am biased as it is my DDs middle name).

To me, Susannah is much prettier and a softer name. For some reason I think Rosanna has a harshness about it that isn't very nice. Also agree that all the little Rosies around is becoming too much. I know loads in the school playground. If she does want Rosie though, I think there are nicer ways to get to that nickname.

And good luck to your friend

I'm Suzanne and was meant to be Susannah but it didn't go with my surname sad. My dd is Madeleine. I think Susannah is a beautiful, timeless name.

wannabestressfree Sat 19-Jan-13 22:41:24

my sister is a susanna..... no Z :}

Blanketsandpillows Sat 19-Jan-13 22:35:53

I really like both-not as mad about Carys etc. If going for Susannah/Suzannah I'd definitely go with Sus...not z.... Nn can still be Suzy (although i prefer Susie) but I think the 's' is a nicer spelling. But that's just a little thing!

nooka Sat 19-Jan-13 21:01:18

I like both, but would probably go for Susannah/Suzanna because I like Suzie better than Rosie (and suspect it's probably more likely to be unusual as Susan hasn't yet got back into circulation).

Rhubarbgarden Sat 19-Jan-13 20:56:17

Susannah would be my choice.

ooh, I like both.

Susannah nn Sukey just edges it though.

Rosanna is lovely.

DessieLou Sat 19-Jan-13 20:46:03

That's interesting zoo, I didn't realise Rosanna was on the up. My poor friend thought she was being original! I forgot to say, she's also considering Carys/Charis/Caris...

ZooAnimals Sat 19-Jan-13 19:57:49

I like them both, but if you look through the threads on here from the last week or so there are about 50 posters considering Rose/Rosie/Rosemary/Rosealie/Rosanna. I think it's going to have a popularity surge, maybe be the next Lily. Suzanna is much less used and lovely imo. Prefer Suzy to Rosie as well.

Whyriskit Sat 19-Jan-13 19:55:17

Like both but prefer Susannah. Rosanna sounds a bit like Hosanna to me!

DessieLou Sat 19-Jan-13 19:51:31

My friend is currently contemplating these for her pink bump. Any thoughts or similar suggestions? I think Suzy is rather cute. She likes fairly classical names I think. If I hadn't beaten her to it Apparantly Madeleine would've been on the list too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now