Reacher?

(43 Posts)
Jellymuffin Sat 19-Jan-13 17:09:41

My husband and I are both keen on Reacher for our boy but don't know if I'm brave enough! So what do people think?

ProphetOfDoom Sun 20-Jan-13 22:24:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PickledInAPearTree Sun 20-Jan-13 22:21:30

Ooooooooh no.

bridgetsmum Sun 20-Jan-13 22:21:16

No no no, please do not call your child Reacher! Life is hard enough as it is

YES, everyone would call him Reacharound! Oh poor you, it was an unusual, different sort of name idea, but I wouldn't... smile

goldiehorn Sun 20-Jan-13 22:11:57

Please dont call your son Reacher. It is a terrible name and kids at school WILL call him Reacher Round...

Katydive Sun 20-Jan-13 17:12:41

Oh, Kreacher, that's it, sorry!! Still reminded me of that in the first instance, and although Retching is the correct term for being sick, I also remember it being known as 'Reaching' !

YouOldSlag Sun 20-Jan-13 15:38:10

Dreadful. Everybody will feel sorry for him.

iclaudius Sun 20-Jan-13 15:36:27

And what's wrong with Claude?

FirstTimeForEverything Sun 20-Jan-13 15:35:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cocoachannel Sun 20-Jan-13 15:32:52

My first thought was Kreacher.

OkayHazel Sun 20-Jan-13 14:31:12

Katydive The house elf you are referring to is called Kreacher.

BreconBeBuggered Sun 20-Jan-13 00:15:46

Sorry, it's a pukey name. And anywhere in the UK where it doesn't suggest vomiting, he'll be called creechur instead.

squoosh Sun 20-Jan-13 00:12:22

Only if his brothers were called Stretcher and Pusher. And little sister Grabber of course.

Seriously, I would laugh my bum off at the people who called their kid Reacher. In the polite privacy of my own home of course.

DON'T DO IT!

If he arrives wearing an eye-patch and parrot they go for it. grin

sparkle12mar08 Sat 19-Jan-13 23:18:59

Reacher Gilt is hardly a pleasant character. Why not go the whole hog and call him Moist though? Or take your pick from Claude Maximilian Overton Transpire Dibbler. I'm a geek. Sue me!

It didn't make me think of being sick but it is awful anyway. The elf in HP is Kreacher, not Treacher btw.

Narked Sat 19-Jan-13 23:07:43

No.

Ham69 Sat 19-Jan-13 22:46:36

My immediate thought was being sick also. Sorry, it's awful.

All that but 'reaching' : stretching out to grab something. It's just not a nice thing to 'be' is it? Reaching

Just feels a bit futile and like hard work Y'know?

If you're going to use a random word as a name there are far nicer words with more positive connotations

NellyBluth Sat 19-Jan-13 22:35:29

Absolutely terrible. No.

ZooAnimals Sat 19-Jan-13 22:30:56

and preacher.

mathanxiety Sat 19-Jan-13 22:15:26

On top of everything else, it rhymes with teacher.

To add
Lee child is the author of a series of books about Jack Reacher. Excellent series if you like crime thriller with guns in.

Tom cruise bought the rights to make a film.

Pretty much all of Lee childs fan base are horrified. There is a Facebook page about how shit Tom cruise is and how Lee Child sold his soul to the devil.

You are kidding right? Are you a troll?

It's the name of Tom cruise latest film.

TallyGrenshall Sat 19-Jan-13 20:50:05

MrsMushroom I mean reaching, where I grew up it is retching, where I moved to it is reaching

It's regional innit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now