Eden getting popular?

(30 Posts)
Jasbro Mon 10-Dec-12 21:30:39

Is the name Eden starting to get popular? I really liked it from 4 years ago but I've noticed it cropping up more and more on forums about baby names, and wondering if has taken off in the last year or two? I've never heard of a baby called it, but I live in quite an upper middle class area and I'm wondering if it's just popular with people in different areas?
Has anyone come acrosss a baby girl named Eden? Is it considered chavvy or common by some people?

rutnoast Wed 12-Dec-12 23:42:22

i think its a lovely name, dont know anyone called eden though.

i would like to use it myself, i think it sounds lovely and peaceful, but the story of the garden of eden is one of the things i hate most about christianity (athiest over here) and so i dont think i could ever use it!

SomersetONeil Thu 13-Dec-12 02:05:58

I'm a Kiwi so it makes me thing of rugby first and foremost. I would very much avoid it for that reason alone. grin

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Thu 13-Dec-12 02:21:05

I know of a 12 year old girl called Eden, parents both theatre directors. I like it.

SavoyCabbage Thu 13-Dec-12 03:40:40

I know a few Edens but they are all boys. The youngest is two.

runningforme Thu 13-Dec-12 04:56:52

this was my choice for dd1 but dh said no sad I mourn for the names he has said no to.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now