(9 Posts)
Lamornac Wed 14-Nov-12 21:30:01

Update! She is Francesca Lily.....

baskingseals Fri 19-Oct-12 22:40:59

i've overlapped with manic a bit

sorry guys

baskingseals Fri 19-Oct-12 22:39:31

has your dh got any other suggestions?

love Helena and Francesca, and Elizabeth. Penelope is lovely, but for some reason i don't like Penny at all.

what about

Marianne

Claudia

Georgina

Tessa

Christabel or Christina

Imogen

Susannah

Victoria

Verity

earlgreyplease Fri 19-Oct-12 20:58:38

I would have liked to name a daughter Blanche. Old fashioned and very unusual now but charming and chic.

Lamornac Fri 19-Oct-12 20:54:44

Thank you - gives us something to be going on with!

DebK2012 Thu 18-Oct-12 16:58:57

Annibel means beautiful grace!

DebK2012 Thu 18-Oct-12 15:33:48

My name is Elizabeth shortened to Babsie!

manicinsomniac Thu 18-Oct-12 15:16:42

I think I'm with your husband on Elizabeth, I've always though of it as unexciting, if not actually boring.

I'm not overly keen on Helena or Penelope but think Francesca is beautiful.

Along similar lines, how about:
Annabelle, Arabella, Abigail, Adrianna, Alexandra, Alicia, Aurora, Beatrice, Bethany, Charlotte, Clarissa, Cassandra, Camilla, Cordelia, Constance, Delilah, Dorothy, Emmeline, Evangeline, Erica, Eloisa, Felicity, Florence, Gabriella, Georgina, Henrietta, Harriet, Isabella, Imogen, Jessica, Joanna, Juliette, Julia, Katherine, Liliana, Lucinda, Lydia, Miranda, Matilda, Melissa, Madeleine, Miriam, Natalie, Natalia, Natasha, Naomi, Nadia, Ophelia, Octavia, Olivia, Philippa, Rebecca, Rosemary, Rosalie, Rosanna, Rowena, Rhiannon, Sophia, Tabitha, Victoria, Vanessa, Verity

Lamornac Thu 18-Oct-12 14:58:10

I am due in a few days with my third child and (apparently) 1st daughter. We have not agreed a name yet! I have been stuck on Elizabeth with all it's lovely shortenings all the way through. DH says it is boring. Our boys have classic names with modern shortenings. I am flirting with Nell at the minute, as a shortening of Helena? What about Francesca or Penelope? Any thoughts or similar ideas to bring us together? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now