Best place to buy fabric online?

(9 Posts)
mountaingirl01 Sun 21-Aug-16 15:17:30

Looking to buy some fabric to make a waterproof (or at least shower proof) coat for lo. Tips on best place to buy good quality but affordable? Or eBay sellers you would recommend?

fruityb Sun 21-Aug-16 15:21:04

I like calico Laine on eBay - never had a problem and always quick.

Giraffeski Sun 21-Aug-16 15:45:41

Try Plush Addict

PepsiPenguins Sun 21-Aug-16 15:51:34

I've been looking for waterproof fabric the last few days, for a dog coat smile

My usual favourites don't stock waterproof but I did find this site - never used before.

www.croftmill.co.uk/products/waterproof-fabrics-products.html

In the end as my dog coat isn't going to be massive, I purchased PUL baby diaper (Dritz PUL) fabric from Amazon smile each sheet is 21x24" and comes in a pack of 3.

glorious Tue 23-Aug-16 22:49:13

Mibs fabrics on Facebook has some nice waterproof fabric at the moment. You need to join the group as opposed to just liking the page.

RockinHippy Thu 08-Sep-16 18:27:57

Fabricland usually have a good selection of suitable stuff, or they sell an iron on PU coating, so you could waterproof any of their poly-cotton prints etc. Prices are good too, but be warned, the website is dreadful

handmademitlove Thu 08-Sep-16 18:36:50

I second fabricland. I usually go to one of their shops but agree their website is not great! Service however is very good whenever I have phoned with a query.

Catanddogmake6 Thu 08-Sep-16 18:39:56

Pepsi, Mum uses Croftmill to buy fabric for DDs dresses. She really recommends it (forgetting I can't sew).

Artura Tue 13-Sep-16 23:32:07

http://www.pennineoutdoor.co.uk for proper outdoor clothing fabric? Fleece fabrics good there too...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now