Colour Help Please

(6 Posts)
TheWoollybacksWife Mon 04-Jan-16 00:41:37

I'm rubbish at colours sad

I have some full balls of Stylecraft DK in khaki, stone and sage that I bought for a project and changed my mind. I think I may also have a full ball of bottle green too. I want to get another colour or two to go with it and make a small blanket with it - either in ripple or harlequin stitch. Would fondant go (if I don't use the bottle green) or should I stick to a green/brown palette? Any other suggestions? My local yarn shop has a decent range of colours.

Tate15 Mon 04-Jan-16 01:33:42

Use the yarn generator to pick colour coordination

www.biscuitsandjam.com/stripe_maker.php

TheWoollybacksWife Wed 06-Jan-16 01:04:08

Thank you Tate I think I'm going to go into the yarn shop and have a play around with the colours. I love that biscuits and jam site - it should definitely help with my inability to do random. It's a wonder I manage to make anything, really grin

PolterGoose Wed 06-Jan-16 07:26:56

Aster and Copper?

SoupDragon Wed 06-Jan-16 08:09:29

I agree with Copper. It's a lovely colour.

As an alternative, Clarent and Burgundy plus something like Camel to bridge the gap between the lightness of Stone and the other colours.

TheWoollybacksWife Wed 06-Jan-16 12:10:14

Thank you both for your suggestions. I have found a full ball of copper in my stash and they look lovely together.

I have the house all to myself for the first time in six weeks and I'm going to make some lunch, start my blanket and watch "And then the were none" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now