Is it easy to learn how to sew?

(29 Posts)
ZombiesAteMyCunnyFunt Wed 02-Oct-13 14:29:12

It's such a pain not being able to stitch a button back on or fix holes in soft toys/clothes etc. I'm saving loads of DD's clothes because I'd love a patchwork quilt made of her old things, but I want to do it myself. Is it really easy to learn?

ZombiesAteMyCunnyFunt Sun 06-Oct-13 14:03:24

Okay, can someone please very kindly find/recommend me a suitable machine, preferably no more than £100 if possible. Definitely no more than £200.

Thanks in advance!

bigbuttons Sun 06-Oct-13 22:13:55

This www.sewingmachines.co.uk/janome_sew.htm is a fantastic site, really good service, very helpful plus you get the most enormous load of cottons and scissors FREE with each order. After sales is brillint. I have linked you to the janome page because I have one and it's great. i also have a brother that is good but needs a repair and i haven't got round to it yet! Good luck!

ZombiesAteMyCunnyFunt Tue 08-Oct-13 09:07:50

Thanks buttons! That site looks really good. I'll check it out.

ZombiesAteMyCunnyFunt Tue 08-Oct-13 11:52:25

Just spoken to my Grandma for advice on sewing/machines, she says she can't help with machines as she bought hers in the 60's and it's still going strong. She then had the idea of going to Harrogate so now we're going to the Harrogate craft fair in November smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now