Would anybody be interested in a crafty swap?

(126 Posts)

I'm thinking of something similar to a square exchange, but with any crafts? Like Xmas decs or jewellery or smellies or toys? I think it'd be lovely to send things out and in turn receive something lovely.

My swap is at home waiting for me, can't wait to get off work to open it grin
Thank you already to my swap person (swapper/swappee/swappess?!)

And look at this, people meeting up due to my swap idea too smile what a happy glowey feeling I have smile
I hope Caro and sdtg become best friends smile

HorsesDogsNails Fri 22-Nov-13 20:42:25

I posted mine over a week ago, I hope it's got there sad. It went from England to ROI - I have no idea how long it takes!

It's here HorsesDogsNails! It is the most beautiful honeysuckle scented candle in a vintage French coffee cup
I love it, thank you so much. thanks
My kids are amazed that you've made it, and so thrilled with all the bubble wrap grin
Now the swaps are arriving I'm even happier with the idea, and think we should do a spring one too if people are up for it?

Kveta Fri 22-Nov-13 21:47:21

nothing here yet, but I'm glad my butterflies landed smile

could we have a photo thread of the received crafts?

Here is the thread for all the pictures smile

bobfisher Sat 23-Nov-13 06:32:06

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

HorsesDogsNails Sat 23-Nov-13 10:52:08

Phew, I'm so glad it got to you and I'm so glad you love it! The Arcopal cups are gorgeous.....

The swap was a fab idea!

I will add photos of my two lovely items, when I have a moment or two to dig out the camera.

KristyThomas Sat 23-Nov-13 13:38:06

I got mine today! A gorgeous chunky infinity scarf (with a flower) and matching hand-warmers! They're lovely and warm and the colour goes perfectly with my winter coat (I actually opened the package at the sorting office and put them on straight away grin). Thank you very much to the person that made them for me! Will try to get a photo onto the picture thread.

I am a bit worried that nobody's posted about receiving the item that I sent - I posted it nearly 2 weeks ago now confused

That's from me Kristy grin

I'm so glad you like them. Thank you and thanks to Pig for the original idea and Angels for sorting out the logistics. grin

KristyThomas Sat 23-Nov-13 17:32:20

Aha - I'll make sure you get due credit when I post the photo. No, thank you - (and Pig and Angels too!) Would love for this to become a yearly thing!

focuson Sat 23-Nov-13 18:06:11

I think should not only be yearly but spring, summer and Christmas. Still to receive my crafty thing.. But loved doing it and shows the very special gift of making.. Also i bet very few of us ever receive handcrafted rather give so this is our time to receive,��

Yes focuson, that's exactly what k was thinking!
Anyone get anything else lovely to report?!

Kveta Tue 26-Nov-13 13:26:16

nothing to report here!

Gatekeeper Tue 26-Nov-13 20:09:31

I received a beautiful delicate silver bracelet with tiny red and green beads, or at least I think I did for about five mins as it has been nicked by dd !

Ah well <sigh>

whatdoesittake48 Wed 27-Nov-13 14:30:46

sad still waiting...

KristyThomas Wed 27-Nov-13 17:44:11

Gatekeeper - I made that! Glad you liked it - hope your DD at least lets you borrow it! smile

Yay more crafty swaps smile
Make sure and post the pics on out pic thread so we can all see the loveliness smile

Gatekeeper Thu 28-Nov-13 08:58:02

nobody has mentioned mine yet and I posted it two weeks ago <eek>

Me too gatekeeper. Perhaps postal services are very busy at this time of year?

Mckayz Thu 28-Nov-13 10:35:44

I didn't open mine as I was waiting for Xmas. But as everyone else has, I have now.

I got a lovely crochet placemat and coasters. They're lovely.

HelenHicksJewellery Sat 30-Nov-13 21:31:54

Hello, I've name changed for this but just wanted to say HorsesDogsNails really pleased you like your jewellerysmile. And I received mine, some fab patchwork (great inspiration for a project I'm starting!), and a knitted stocking which DDs have put on the tree today (and DD2 loved) Oh and I know it's still November, but DD2 was a bit poorly so we were housebound today and they needed cheering upgrin

Gatekeeper Sun 01-Dec-13 09:51:08

Hi Helen <waves> the patchwork and stocking was mine...glad its arrived smile

ooh I hope you all do this again and I can join. I am enjoying the photo thread as well and seeing all your beautiful creations.

focuson Wed 04-Dec-13 09:27:44

still waiting for mine - getting worried it has been lost in post but loving seeing pictures of all the lovely creations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now