We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Wool Shops In Cumbria

(10 Posts)

Going to North Lakes soon and wondering if anyone has any recommendations for shops that sell wool for knitting and crochet?

Lilymaid Wed 24-Jul-13 07:59:24

Thank you, just been looking at that and it's nice to get a recommendation on here.

I'm sure I can find a walk to plan round there and go "Oooh look! It has a wool shop, fancy that!" to DH and DS grin

Lilymaid Wed 24-Jul-13 08:05:09

Caldbeck is lovely as is the next village of Hesket Newmarket (brewery and pub) and there are nice walks and tea shops around the area - as well as being much quieter than the Lakes proper.

RatherBeOnThePiste Wed 24-Jul-13 08:18:24

<beams>

You may Beam, Pistey, passing me the Knitting Bug wink

We went to Ireby years ago, Lilymaid and visited Caldbeck - it is indeed a lovely village.

Fraxinus Tue 30-Jul-13 19:26:09

Hope you have a lovely time. If it's wonderful, plan another visit next June when they have woolfest on in cockermouth.

I went and spent shedloads on wool and patterns and stuff

Then Needles and Pins in Keswick. How on earth does she know what stock and where in that lovely cornucopia of Wool? shock

Saw a fruit and veg shop in Ambleside today that has been there ages but has branched out into Wool.

Planned to go to Woolfest this year, Fraxinus, but couldn't get annual leave sad

Footle Tue 06-Aug-13 07:34:37

Williams Wools if you pass through Kendal - very close to Abbott Hall car park. Great choice of yarn, and there are sofas and coffee. Lovely friendly shop.
And Woolclip is unique, in a good way.

I have made Handwarmers and am halfway through a Wool Clip Scarf smile

Thank you Footle. Friend's MIL speaks highly of Williams Wools. We don't often get to Kendal but it's just a short hop on the motorway <plots>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now