We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Making a toddler shirt - pattern recommendations?

(4 Posts)
redexpat Tue 11-Jun-13 11:25:24

We're going on a scout jamboree this summer. DS will be 21 months. The uniform shirt we bought for a one year old is getting pretty tight, so I thought I could make him one. I'll be using a heavyweight cotton.

I've had a quick google for pattern and have found Kwiksew 3146ksp and Burda9792.

Have any of you wonderful ladies any experience with either? Or could recommend another pattern?

I'm not massively confident. I made one for DS when he was 3 months old and the collar reduced me to tears (ok I had a 3 mo at the time) so would like a pattern that is easy to understand!

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Tue 11-Jun-13 13:30:31

out of those two i would go for Kwik Sew their patterns are very easy to follow, it also has good reviews on sewing.patternreview.com/Patterns/1511 . You will have to register to review it.

sewsweetpatterns.com/boy-sewing-patterns/asher-shirt/

I don't know if this one is suitable, but i have used a couple of the girl's patterns and the pdf's are very good from this seller.

redexpat Tue 11-Jun-13 19:06:10

Thanks - I'm on sewingreview already, but they had equally good reviews.

I rather like that other site you've linked to! Thanks again!

jenniepanda Tue 11-Jun-13 23:38:26

I've just made a shirt with Butterick 3475 sewing.patternreview.com/Patterns/9918. It was all fine, except the collar, drove me mad and I ended up doing it a different way than it said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now