How to get the biggest possible blanket with the smallest amount of yarn-crochet

(8 Posts)
katcatkat Wed 05-Jun-13 19:07:33

how about a granny stripe I did the one from attic24 and its not very yarn taking up. another option is start as a granny square and keep going until you make the blanket.

DameFanny Wed 05-Jun-13 19:06:29

Swatch it and see :-)

Does that use less yarn overall? I was initially doing to do granny squares but I think they'll be v yarn intensive.

I would make squares of trebles and singles etc and then sew them together at the end.

See that's what I was thinking, trebles would make bigger holes and so make it bigger - but a treble uses so much more wool than a single!

DameFanny Wed 05-Jun-13 16:06:20

Double crochet gives you most acreage in my experience - that's us double, English treble

Hawkmoth Wed 05-Jun-13 16:05:55

Single crochet would make it more dense and smaller, use some sort of lacy net pattern.

Any ideas? I have 17 50g balls of a chunky yarn and I want the finished blanket to be as large as possible for the amount of yarn I've got. Just stick with single crochet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now