Girl cotton petticoat/underskit pattern

(6 Posts)
CaurnieBred Tue 30-Apr-13 22:22:41

Thanks for comments - I went for a fine cotton lawn in the end and elongated a vest into an a-line dress. Not a bad result considering it is the first bit of dress making I have done in around 20 years.

Yes, I'd try elongating a camisole/simple top pattern into a slightly (depending on line of summer dress) A-line skirt.

sunshinenanny Mon 29-Apr-13 13:58:48

This pattern wouls suit a fine cotton lawn or batiste; I remember petticoats being made with a fine cotton jersey but if you do this make sure you get the straight grain right or it will go all over the place.Lovely pattern I'm envious but if you want something simpler try elongating a simple summer top patternsmile

SoupDragon Mon 29-Apr-13 11:44:20

By which I meant try looking for a dress pattern rather than a petticoat one smile

SoupDragon Mon 29-Apr-13 11:31:22

Surely it is basically a dress?

CaurnieBred Mon 29-Apr-13 11:28:13

Hi there

Now that we are moving across to summer dresses, I was thinking about trying to make DD a full length (ideally) cotton petticoat to wear underneath it. Her school's dress colour is yellow and so very see-through. I've tried looking online, but the only pattern I have found is a vintage one from the 1950 on sale in Canada here.

I would have though it would be quite straightforward - would like to try and make in the stretchy cotton that the vests are made of. Has anyone else done this?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now