Argh, Jester hat crochet pattern help needed - owl related.

(4 Posts)
MeanAndMeaslyMiddleAges Wed 27-Feb-13 22:00:58

Does anyone have any good crochet links for free patterns for jester hats (the ones that are squarish shaped, usually with pompoms at the corners). Am trying to find an easy to follow pattern as the ones on ravelry ones I've found, working in the round, seem really hard to follow! Ages ago I found one that was essentially sewing the two separate sides together and now I can't find it!

On a related note, can anyone link to their fave free owl hat patterns smile

Thank you all, hookers smile

My favourite owl hat is this one

I made it for DD when she was 6.

Can't help with the jester one though smile

MeanAndMeaslyMiddleAges Sun 03-Mar-13 11:16:13

Thanks so much Dragon - funnily enough that was the owl pattern i was looking at using but I couldn't get it started (never crocheted in a loop before). Once i got going though I've been making good progress. What were your experiences of doing it?

A jester hat, btw, would be the shape of the owl hat you linked to but without the facial features or ear flaps.

I found the owl hat really easy. It looked sort of nothingy until it was all done though - in particular, the border you put right round the edges really transformed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now