Big 'C' and little 'e' antibodies

(3 Posts)
womaninthewildsofwales Fri 08-Jan-16 12:26:31

Hi, second pregnancy where these have shown up- last time nothing came back as positive for antibodies until 28 weeks and then every time I mentioned it, the consultant brushed it aside and talked about my history of preterm birth instead. Meaning that me and dh had no idea that this could cause a problem with a further pregnancy... and here we are! 16 weeks pregnant with every alarm bell in the hospital sounding when I have a blood test hmm my titre levels are 1:64 for C and 1:2 for e.

Can anyone shed any light on what the problems may be that we face? Or has anyone got experience of these antibodies?

AliBingo Fri 08-Jan-16 22:13:11

I had the little e ones in 3rd pregnancy but they never increased to a significant level. Think the risk was anaemia in newborn requiring a transfusion, or in extreme case may have needed to deliver early in order to treat. But apparently almost all if the time, it's all fine and no need for treatment.

AveEldon Sat 09-Jan-16 16:29:46

Some other threads with useful info www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childbirth/2458877-Anti-little-c-antibodies
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childbirth/957909-Sigh-Any-mothers-with-stories-about-anti-little-c-antibodies
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2489807-Anti-E-antibodies

Here is the RCOG guideline
www.rcog.org.uk/en/guidelines-research-services/guidelines/gtg65/

Have they checked your DH's blood type?
Have you been referred to fetal medicine?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now