Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to want my dad to stop calling me sausage?

(87 Posts)
Swedington Thu 26-Nov-09 00:20:49

I'm 45 ffs?

HollyGoHeavily Thu 26-Nov-09 20:49:51

Do it!

You could get a matching babygro for your DC with "Tootles, the imposter" or "Tootles Junior"

poshsinglemum Thu 26-Nov-09 20:50:14

I call my dd sausage! It's cute.

I dare say she'll hate it if I still call her sausage at 45 though!

ImSoNotTelling Thu 26-Nov-09 20:59:13

"Tootles 2 - this time it's personal!"

AmericanHag Thu 26-Nov-09 21:04:25

Here in the U.S., calling someone "sausage" would get you punched in the face. It's the same as calling someone a fat cow. Well, here in California it is.

Swedington, I'm SO glad I read the other responses before I advised you to tell your dad to go piss up a rope! grin He's saying it with love!

Nooo, get brother "I'm Tootles" T shirt, then expose child wearing "I'm Tootles" T shirt, then you and DP take off jumpers to expose "I'm Tootles" T shirts in an "I'm Spartacus" moment ! grin

Sn0wflake Thu 26-Nov-09 21:37:37

I call my son Flumpet... smile

MmeLindt Thu 26-Nov-09 21:39:17

Tootles - The Original

Tootles - Lite

theslightlypeckishcaterpillar Thu 26-Nov-09 21:40:48

I was 'lovely' , still am, is very funny when dh answers my phone when dad rings and calls him lovely.

My dd is pork chop.

ImSoNotTelling Thu 26-Nov-09 21:44:01

grin @ further tootles suggestions...

spartacus moment would be brilliant!

Am seriously thinking about getting tshirts etc done...

fishflange Thu 26-Nov-09 22:02:05

Ds is Mr Chumbles and dd Officer Dibbles.
Will we scar them for life?grin

PommePoire Thu 26-Nov-09 23:44:36

This thread is lovely. Sorry, OP YABU, 'Sausage' is a lovely name, whatever age you are. My dad called me 'Miss Mouse' or 'Mouslet'and since my marriage I've been 'Mrs Mouse.' Irony is intended; I was a very noisy child! I'm still quite loud at 37.

MrsChemist Thu 26-Nov-09 23:57:39

YABU, I call DS sausage. I haven't got a clue why though. I just started calling him sausage and couldn't stop. Sometimes he is Sausage Monkey.
He also goes by the names Mr Toots (he farts a lot) and Mr Fussypants. I think I may have also called him Commodore Cuddles once or twice.

I was Tina Ticklebum when I was younger. My brother was Tom Ticklebum.
Neither of us are called Tom or Tina.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now