to want my dad to stop calling me sausage?

(87 Posts)
Swedington Thu 26-Nov-09 00:20:49

I'm 45 ffs?

chachachachacha Thu 26-Nov-09 10:16:37

Sausage is quite affectionate I think - my so called dad kindly refers to me as 'fatty' even though I'm not - bloody lucky I don't have a body image problem.

meltedchocolate Thu 26-Nov-09 11:14:17

I am sausage - my mum calls me it. I told her to stop when i was a younger teen but i have allowed her to start again. She also calls my son sausage.

DaftApeth Thu 26-Nov-09 11:19:55

I'm in my 40's and still called 'sausage pie' by my dad blush

catastrojb Thu 26-Nov-09 11:20:35

my younger sister has always been squidge from my father (as a baby she had cheeks like a hamster pouching an entire christmas dinner grin) - us two older ones were always slightly jealous growing up as we did not have a nickname other than ones fashioned around our names!

allaboutme Thu 26-Nov-09 11:25:56

i'm podge (charming!), my sister is fanny and my brother is sonny jim (he is called neither sonny or jim!)
dont you just love dads grin

Boffinista Thu 26-Nov-09 11:28:16

I am Pods, as this is how I first said my name. :.)

I love it.

ImSoNotTelling Thu 26-Nov-09 11:44:17

YABU it's sweet smile

In our family my bro gets most of the soppy nicknames (he lives at home and is close to my mum).

When I had DD1 (first grandchild) my mum said to me "how's little tootles?" and my brother exclaimed "but I'M tootles!"

That story is either hilarious or tragic, I guess grin he is in his 30s.

MrsVik Thu 26-Nov-09 11:46:38

That made me chuckle, ImSoNotTelling!

I'm a pudding and always will be, probably. I call my cat sausage!

DS gets called sausage, but he is only 5.

I am nearing 30 and to this day my father has never used my given name. I am, have always been and forever will be Bubs (shortened form of Bub-Bubs).

Not so good when he yells it to me in public though hmm

AgentZigzag Thu 26-Nov-09 13:13:06

Awww it's nice, I'm surprised it's so widespread as well.

I was a sausage, and call my DD sausage pie, I always wondered whether there was such a thing, so I googled it and there is! It looks right yummy, that sorts tomorrows tea out...thanks grin

I'm 45 next month and still get called Bunny by my father, though I don't think he has used Sausage for some years now. Bunny, Bun and other variations thereof (which also include my real name, hence I am not listing them) have always been my nicknamaes from my father. I am very glad of it.

CatIsSleepy Thu 26-Nov-09 13:24:18

"but I'M tootles!" LOL ImSoNotTelling grin

lambanana Thu 26-Nov-09 13:28:09

I like it - it's very endearing

I was always called tilly mint and my brother joe soap by my lovely nana and grandad. Until my DS and DD's turned up that is! Now they get called it!

Spidermama Thu 26-Nov-09 13:33:23

I've always squirmed at hearing someone called 'Sausage' whatever age. Maybe it doesn't help that I'm vegetarian.

AgentZigzag Thu 26-Nov-09 13:34:59

Lol @ spider, veggie saussage just doesn't have the same ring to it grin

Spidermama Thu 26-Nov-09 13:38:01

My dad calls me lentil burger which I prefer. wink

daisyj Thu 26-Nov-09 13:39:04

I think you know you are being vvvu smile. I call dd 'sausagemouse' sometimes. Sometimes just sausage, sometimes just mouse. I'm sure she will grow to hate it, but as she's only 8mo she doesn't currently have a choice. She has a beautiful given name which I do try to remember to use from time to time!

My dad still calls me curly smile.

RemyMartin Thu 26-Nov-09 13:48:42

I call my ds sausage and I AM vegetarian!
YABU!!

Spidermama Thu 26-Nov-09 13:51:02

I know it's a bit mean of me but I do always wince when people call their kids 'sausage' and it has nothing to do with vegetarianism. It's to do with it being cutesy and a bit fatty and sizzly. One of my really good friends does it and I shudder every time.

fishflange Thu 26-Nov-09 13:53:30

YABU count yourself fortunate to have such a lovely dad who obviously loves you very much!
I am 37 and still Frimbly Poo, never my real name...

HollyGoHeavily Thu 26-Nov-09 13:56:10

"No i'm tootles" ROFL

Get him a t-shirt for christmas with "The Original Tootles" printed on it

Meglet Thu 26-Nov-09 13:56:32

Sausage is cute.

My sister calls me "Fanny", which is fine in private but hmm blush in public.

MollieO Thu 26-Nov-09 13:59:28

YABVU. You will miss it when he is no longer around to call you that.

ImSoNotTelling Thu 26-Nov-09 14:07:12

Tootles t-shirt idea excellent grin

Kaloki Thu 26-Nov-09 14:07:47

My dad calls me sausage too, when he's not calling me button nose hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now