to disown my bvest and oldest friend because of footwear

(75 Posts)
thesockmonsterofdoom Mon 05-Oct-09 09:41:28

I love her so dearly, she is like an aunty to my children, lifts me when I am down, would do anything for me, we have so much fun and she is generally fab, however, she has bought some imitation crocs. Ok they are only to go in the back garden and smoke when noone will see her, but still. I think I should probably cut all ties, what do you think?
Oh and they have the liittle clip on thingys on them too. If this extra information influences anything, didn't want to drip feed information.

BloodRedTulips Mon 05-Oct-09 09:43:30

definitely cut all ties... lord knows what else she's capable of!

dexter73 Mon 05-Oct-09 09:45:32

I think you know in your heart that cutting all ties is the right thing to do. The crocs I could put up with but the clip on things would just tip me over the edge.

Trikken Mon 05-Oct-09 09:46:43

dont hate the sinner, hate the sin.

RealityBites Mon 05-Oct-09 09:47:02

Message withdrawn

controlfreakythecontrolfreak Mon 05-Oct-09 09:47:36

Rubyrubyruby Mon 05-Oct-09 09:50:21

blush I have similar problem.

DS2 has the same size feet as me. He has crocs and .......... and...... blush I have found myself slipping them on to hang out the washing shock

............ I have never told anyone that before - please don't think I'm a troll.

RealityBites Mon 05-Oct-09 09:50:58

Message withdrawn

thesockmonsterofdoom Mon 05-Oct-09 09:52:29

I worry that J would have a pair himself.
ruby tut tut tut this is not a confessional you know.

Bleh Mon 05-Oct-09 09:55:44

I would cut ties, before she goes and buys a matching wolf fleece. You never know where it might end ...

Trikken Mon 05-Oct-09 09:56:36

I think he would, much more durable than sandals. and he wouldnt have got his feet as dusty.

Ladyatron Mon 05-Oct-09 09:56:38

yabvu she may have an underlying medical condition that means she has to wear crocs. you don't know the whole story.

that said i would avoid eye contact while the croc wearing persists

MyCatsAScarierBastardThanYours Mon 05-Oct-09 09:57:39

Oh my word - you have to ask??? Could you not see this coming? You'll be telling me next she wears too tight trousers and tops that don't cover her wobbly midriff.

Rubyrubyruby - forshame! Get the along to crocs anonymous right now!

<sidles off to hide DD's pretend cheap crocs for running around in garden with>

hellsbelles Mon 05-Oct-09 09:58:32

so so sad but the quicker you cut ties the less painful it will be for everyone involved.

Having said that isn't there some sort of organisation you could put her in touch with - CA or something? At least that way you've tried to help.

thesockmonsterofdoom Mon 05-Oct-09 09:59:14

I do worry that if I am a good friend I should have seen the signs, but I fear it is now too late.

twirlymum Mon 05-Oct-09 10:01:03

Is it the fact that they are imitation crocs? Are you just a label queen? hmm

claw3 Mon 05-Oct-09 10:02:10

Has your friend tried counseling?

Tortington Mon 05-Oct-09 10:02:20

i don't post this lightly. I don't really want to go into the details of what happened in my life, but i have to warn you that if she starts buying the badges to stick on the front, that it is probably too late for recovery.

thesockmonsterofdoom Mon 05-Oct-09 10:08:10

I am sorry if this post has brought up painful memories, it is good to draw on oithers experience when in the middle of a situation that I can see no way out oif though, thanks for the kind words.

claw3 Mon 05-Oct-09 10:09:41

If she has gone out and bought some from a seedy back street dealer, it would suggest she isnt a first time user. Just take them and make her go cold turkey, she needs help.

RealityBites Mon 05-Oct-09 10:12:30

Message withdrawn

cherryblossoms Mon 05-Oct-09 10:13:41

Are you sure this is your friend? Is it actually you? sad

Jux Mon 05-Oct-09 10:13:58

They are conducting trials of a new medication to deal with this problem. It probably is too late for your friend due to the clip on thingies, but you could try to get her on a trial. Read up about the side effects though, as there is danger of a bubble perm emerging.

thesockmonsterofdoom Mon 05-Oct-09 10:14:34

I can't touch them. ergh, thhey may infect me, next thing I am buying a pink pair to match my dd's. argh, actually I think i may be responsible as dd's have some for on holiday. omg what have I done. what evil have I unleashed on the world, thought it was bad enouogh that dh is a were wolf (well he used to be but he says he's alright nowwwwww), but this is to much, I must be a very bad person.

claw3 Mon 05-Oct-09 10:18:30

OMG you are a croc raiser, thought you werent going to drip feed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now