Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

AIBU to not want to sleep in tight embrace with DH every night.....

(73 Posts)
rubyloopy Tue 09-Sep-08 14:15:03

Message withdrawn

DaphneMoon Tue 09-Sep-08 14:37:25

PMSL littelapin, if it isn't the heat, it's the bloody snoring, if not that, being crushed to death, going to sleep is a bloody health hazard in our house.

Cargirl: LOL, We often both end up with both our heads on my pillow!

LittleMyDancing Tue 09-Sep-08 14:37:28

Oh yes lapin - we have a super king and some nights I get one square inch of bed, DP gets two....and DS gets the rest!

So it's either Hot Jam or Hanging off a Cliff.

sounds like dodgy eighties bands...

CarGirl Tue 09-Sep-08 14:39:13

want infuriates me is that he fast asleep and torturing me through sleep depreviation. Soon we are buying a large bed with 2 mattresses and 2 duvets - it will be heavely (I hope)

DaphneMoon Tue 09-Sep-08 14:39:18

My BIL was once in a band called Cliff rescue and the helicopters and no I am not joking, anyway that's another story.......

BlingLovin Tue 09-Sep-08 14:52:37

I am PMSL at this thread. So many home truths. I love the pillow one - my DP does that. he's always trying to convince me I'm on his side... while his head is on my pillow and I'm pinned underneath him.

We have been known to count the slates in the headboard in an attempt at objectivity about who's on who's side.

BlingLovin Tue 09-Sep-08 14:53:07

Apostrophe alert!!!! blush Apologies. "who's on whose side". Don't tell any of the people who work for me!

Bringbackmybonnietome Tue 09-Sep-08 15:10:30

I acn't bear cuddling whilst we sleep.

If truth be told, we sit reading next to each other, turn the light off, give a brief kiss, usually, and then roll to our own sides. We're like a couple froma sit com.

I love my space in bed. I love bed, the warm cosiness, the finding the most comfy position, then my own thoughts with no disturbance, till I afll alseep. Bliss.

rubyloopy Tue 09-Sep-08 15:14:33

Message withdrawn

hifi Tue 09-Sep-08 15:15:33

i am just dh bed warmer, he gets on whenever he is coldsad.

bamboostalks Tue 09-Sep-08 15:23:11

I was thinking about 2 single beds zipped together for my next bed. Dh thinks that is the way to divorce land! I so love my sleep though and love it when I have the whole bed to myself.

littlelapin Tue 09-Sep-08 15:24:31

I am ROFL at "Cliff rescue and the helicopters" grin fantastic!

Bringbackmybonnietome Tue 09-Sep-08 15:30:13

I remember the separate bedroom thread, there was alot of support for that idea.

I'd love that.

Chequers Tue 09-Sep-08 15:38:37

Hug and roll, my friend.

MrsJamin Tue 09-Sep-08 15:51:29

lol at hot jam I really know what that is like. I would never say this to dh but I actually sleep better when he is away (how sad is that!) its just no duvet hogging, snoring and/or hugging to contend with (bliss).

wehaveallbeenthere Tue 09-Sep-08 16:18:38

Oh I so feel your pain (or lack of sleep). We have been together for 13 years. We have a queen size bed and DH has always thought his half is in the middle (and whats mine is his...you get the picture). I have fallen off the bed before. We have done the tickle or get over, this is my territory and you shant conquer it etc.
You both need your rest. The only thing that I've found that has consistently worked is shagging him till he drops off to sleep. He then rolls over and is snoring in two minutes.
This is because sex makes endorphins produced in mens brains that exhaust them. They then go to sleep. Thats not the scientific whole of it but it suffices for here and it works.
So no matter how tired you are...make him tired and let us know how you fair. Good luck on it.

DuffyMoon Tue 09-Sep-08 16:34:11

we have an ikea bed with 2 single mattressess - side by side not on top a la princess and the pea - so you get clearly defined space - its bliss....

if I could just stop him snoring as well

cluckyagain Tue 09-Sep-08 16:40:53

Snigger! I love to go to sleep on dh (v warm, me v cold always) so he lets me until he feels the warm dribble running down his back!!!

wehaveallbeenthere Tue 09-Sep-08 16:44:54

lol cluckyagain, bring to bed his and hers little towels so you dribble on them, not on each other.

Majeika Tue 09-Sep-08 16:49:41

I love the Friends version of hug and roll!

DH does this and gets huffy that I dont want to be suffocated!

Califrau Tue 09-Sep-08 17:00:53

We have an ikea bed made of 2 separate mattresses and a topper. You can still feel the seam down the middle. WOE BETIDE anyone who dares cross the seam once the cuddling is over! It's like the Berlin Wall! Luckily we're both happy with this!

Califrau Tue 09-Sep-08 17:04:55

Ours is super king too. I cannot see DH on his side unless I am wearing my glasses grin

DuffyMoon Tue 09-Sep-08 17:07:27

LOL at Califrau - just like us! the seam down the middle is like the border between to countries, and war is justified if it is crossed univited

CarGirl Tue 09-Sep-08 17:10:27

Califru that is my plan exactly!!!!! I am putting 2 seperate mattress on their basic bed base and if dh falls down the gap in the middle I DON'T CARE!!!!

Pixel Tue 09-Sep-08 18:59:54

Dh always wants a cuddle but I can't sleep with anyone so much as breathing on me. I think it's because I know that eventually he will be snoring in my ear and I lie there all tense waiting for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now