To be annoyed at all the adverts on MN

(12 Posts)
Bearbehind Sat 22-Oct-16 11:14:31

The latest ones which appear in the list of threads actually cover up a thread- it's really bloody annoying.

They don't even appear that relevant - I've just done a double take at the British Gas nuclear power one in the Christmas topic because nothing says Christmas like nuclear power confused.

DobbyTheFreeElf Sat 22-Oct-16 11:20:21

Get Ad blocker, this site is so much better once I got that.

FormerlyCatherineDeB Sat 22-Oct-16 11:22:06

I use Adblocker too - can you get it for iPad? I still see them on that but not on my laptop.

Bearbehind Sat 22-Oct-16 11:24:12

I use an iPad - is there any way of blocking ads on them?

TempusEedjit Sat 22-Oct-16 11:26:04

nothing says Christmas like nuclear power grin

That Trolls ad that keeps playing on the side is really annoying...are MN trying to be ironic?!

FrancisCrawford Sat 22-Oct-16 11:28:43

They are called native ads and there's a thread about them in site stuff.
Lots of people saying the same things.

TheCuriousOwl Sat 22-Oct-16 11:29:21

And those horrible banner ads that go up and down the sides and scroll when you scroll down a post. They make my eyes go weird. I HATE THEM AND I AM NEVER BUYING ANYTHING AS A RESULT OF THESE ADVERTS.

I've got no bloody money and nor have half the people on here, they've got kids, of course they've got no money grin

FormerlyCatherineDeB Sat 22-Oct-16 11:31:17

Mnet must be raking in income from all the ads on this site - yet don't provide proper night staff.

Very much a business. I am not sure that they are fulfilling their moral responsibility whilst lining their pockets.

Losingtheplod Sat 22-Oct-16 11:34:24

Does Adblocker get rid of all of them? CuriousOwl, I'm with you there. They would actively discourage me from buying any of their products, as they are so irritating!

Follyfoot Sat 22-Oct-16 11:36:47

Yes, use an adblocker, no ads at all that way. Adblock plus is available for iOS, more info here

Follyfoot Sat 22-Oct-16 11:39:16

Attached is what the site looks like with an adblocker...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now