What is this? Piccy

(65 Posts)
PinkPearls20 Wed 31-Aug-16 09:32:29

May I stress that I AM NOT BEING UNREASONABLE .... mumsnet format has changed on my phone, and I can't get the old one back or use this new one, so I gave up trying to find my way around and posted in AIBU.

Anyway... what is this I have just found in my gas Meter cupboard in my front room... they look like some kind of seeds to me...but I'm worried they are old dried up mouse poos! 😭

SawdustInMyHair Wed 31-Aug-16 09:39:55

We are currently battling a mouse, and those don't look like mouse poo to me. Too uniform, smooth and shiny. They look more like seeds, or even chrysalises (chrysali?).

CheshireDing Wed 31-Aug-16 09:41:41

I don't know but I would be vaccing them up and throwing the bag out (remembers disturbingly when I found spider eggs on the Bamboo in the bathroom) sad sorry not very helpful

PinkPearls20 Wed 31-Aug-16 09:41:49

What are chrysali!?

PolterGoose Wed 31-Aug-16 09:41:59

Is there a blue/green tinge? If so it's rat poison.

PinkPearls20 Wed 31-Aug-16 09:43:31

Noooooooo I have a brand new shiny vac. I can't use it to pick up a UFO 😂

acasualobserver Wed 31-Aug-16 09:44:27

Empty egg or pupa cases?

alloutofnameideas Wed 31-Aug-16 09:44:42

Are they maggot shells?? Or do you have a little beasty stocking up for winter?

PinkPearls20 Wed 31-Aug-16 09:45:07

Or maybe just a UO 😉

PinkPearls20 Wed 31-Aug-16 09:46:23

A little beasty whatty?!?! What's that? !!!

PotofGold1186 Wed 31-Aug-16 09:46:44

When we discovered a rat in our greenhouse, the thing had been eating all the birdseed all winter. It left all the seed cases in a pile. There was evidence of poo too but I must admit the first thing I thought is that Is a mouse or rats home.

Tuiles Wed 31-Aug-16 09:47:09

They do look like seeds...but if they are, something has been stashing them in there!

PinkPearls20 Wed 31-Aug-16 09:49:24

Ferkin hell fire

alloutofnameideas Wed 31-Aug-16 09:49:38

I would imagine a little rodent has left them there. Could be a lovely cute dormouse (I have no idea if gas meter cupboards are their preferred habitat) or a mangy horrible rat. I know which one I'd prefer!!

PinkPearls20 Wed 31-Aug-16 09:51:58

This is my cupboard in more detail

alloutofnameideas Wed 31-Aug-16 09:54:32

Is it a nice warm cupboard then? We had mice living in our walls earlier this year but they couldn't get into the house. They were going in from outside and I could hear them!! We cemented up the hole they were using and problem was solved!

I think there is a mixture of mouse droppings and seeds. Mouse droppings are quite small (quite a bit smaller than a grain of rice).

PinkPearls20 Wed 31-Aug-16 10:04:07

Well I have moved out. Packed a bag for me and DCs... we off to my parents until I know. I'll br having none of that.

Sharing my house with a mouse I indeed.

pictish Wed 31-Aug-16 10:04:36

I agree...mouse droppings and seeds. You have a little mouse or two.

pictish Wed 31-Aug-16 10:05:31

Are you serious? You've packed your bags over this? You don't think you might be overreacting somewhat?

toptoe Wed 31-Aug-16 10:10:43

just get some peanut butter and a few humane traps then release them into the wild way away from your house. They love peanut butter. The traps trap them in and you don't see them, just take the sealed trap to the field and release under a hedgerow. Keep setting the traps until they don't catch anything for a week or so. They'll all have gone by then. Also, you might want to get some sealant to seal any holes around the pipes in your cupbaord as they may have got in from under the house. Have a look out the front/back to see if the vents have holes in too which you can seal (big ones, not the vent holes themselves)

PinkPearls20 Wed 31-Aug-16 10:20:48

I'm being very serious. I have been overacting a lot recently. Struggling with major health anxiety and my DC is having tests next week for all sorts.

I can't deal with a unexpected guest right now. So I'm at my mum and Dads until they can go and have a look. I was even jumping at the tie on my coat when I was getting ready to come out. I didn't even think I was scared of mice!!

pictish Wed 31-Aug-16 10:25:58

Ah ok...I see. Well look...mice are really no great shakes to panic about. I have lived in a few places that have had a mouse or two getting in.

Humane traps are good.

Sorry but ROFLMFAO you've moved out?!

PinkPearls20 Wed 31-Aug-16 10:29:41

Yeah I'm sat at my parents until they go and have a look. It's freaky

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now