To hate that fake laughing in tv shows?

(8 Posts)
WaitrosePigeon Sun 28-Aug-16 08:11:08

Got 'The Big Bang Theory' on in the background and every 5 seconds they play that fake laughing thing in the background.

It makes it totally unwatchable and it sounds fucking stupid.

AIBU or a grumpy arsehole?

PaperdollCartoon Sun 28-Aug-16 08:12:39

It's not fake Waitrose, Big Bang Theory is filmed in front of a live audience.

WaitrosePigeon Sun 28-Aug-16 08:14:35

really shock

WaitrosePigeon Sun 28-Aug-16 08:15:30

Is friends the same? Surely it's pretty exhausting laughing every 30 seconds? it's still fucking annoying

PaperdollCartoon Sun 28-Aug-16 08:18:25

Yes Friends is the same, they're both filmed in front of a live audience.

Bear in mind most of the scenes will be filmed a few times so the audience will be seeing the same thing repeated a few times, which might affect the 'quality of laughter' if that's a thing, and it has been edited, but it is real people laughing in the room.

Though when I was at school we did have someone come in and record a class of us laughing and cheering for such purposes, so it is sometimes edited in in other shows.

BewtySkoolDropowt Sun 28-Aug-16 08:20:04

YABU for the reason that paperdoll states.

PaperdollCartoon Sun 28-Aug-16 08:22:30

I went to watch Two Pints of Lager and Packet of Crisps being filmed a couple of times years ago, when filming in front of an audience they have a comedian come out first to warm you up and the cast will generally interact a bit with the audience whilst filming is going on, it creates quite an atmosphere which helps people feel relaxed/laugh more etc

Katinkka Sun 28-Aug-16 09:05:47

I can't be doing with it either OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now