to think posters who engage with trolls encourage them and need to just smile and nod.

(11 Posts)
JenniferYellowHat1980 Thu 04-Aug-16 21:58:08

Just that. The pointless, dull goady posts everywhere at the moment just need blanking (the irony of starting a thread about it though).

SheHasAWildHeart Thu 04-Aug-16 22:15:07

And I think posters should get stars next to their usernames everything they hit "report".

timelytess Thu 04-Aug-16 22:16:36

The 'rules' made up by MNers are fairly restrictive.

ProfessorPreciseaBug Thu 04-Aug-16 22:17:26

Jennifer,,,
Look you.. you can't be talking sense on a tinternet forum... Ain't right you know..

StealthPolarBear Thu 04-Aug-16 22:19:48

<smiles and nods>

Footle Thu 04-Aug-16 22:19:54

Seems totally pointless to respond to goady fuckers on the thread. Just report and move on.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Thu 04-Aug-16 22:21:17

Half the time you don't know it's a troll til the thread is pulled!

JenniferYellowHat1980 Thu 04-Aug-16 22:29:12

I think there are some pretty obvious instances at the moment grin

ShatnersBassoon Thu 04-Aug-16 22:34:19

Yes, there is the problem of knowing how to spot the trolls amongst the genuinely slack-brained. I know loads of dunderheads who say stupid shit out loud in real life, so sometimes I'm not as surprised at the dafter stuff on here as I should be so I don't doubt it.

It's the silly ones that are harder to spot than the nasty or massively attention-seeking dramatic ones. I suppose they're less important to spot. I dunno.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Thu 04-Aug-16 22:37:21

Trolls these days aren't like the ones we used to have

They troll about dull and mundane things....hence not even realising!

Champagneformyrealfriends Thu 04-Aug-16 22:42:17

Maybe some of the people replying are also trolls. So the trolls become the trolled.

Like a big trolly orgy of trolling. I may have had wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now