To want to put up the money...

(9 Posts)
CallMeExhausted Sat 19-Mar-16 23:17:23

To rent two rooms for my DD's next sports competition.

DD plays sledge hockey (we live in Canada - hockey is big, including for players with disabilities). Her team won the divisional championship today, which means that we are headed to the provincial "Day of Champions" in 2 weeks' time.

It is a 4+ hour trip from home, so we are planning on staying in a hotel for the weekend.

Last time, DH and I shared a room with DD - but I am thinking about maybe getting adjacent rooms so that DH and I can have some privacy...

...but then I have somewhere to escape from DH's snoring and actually get some sleep, too.

So, MN jury - am I out of my mind?

SupSlick Sat 19-Mar-16 23:19:26

No brainer - unless of course DD snores too in which case id book three rooms grin

CallMeExhausted Sat 19-Mar-16 23:27:48

She does, but compared to DH's chainsaw... it is entirely tolerable.

Plus, the talking she does in her sleep is HILARIOUS.

SupSlick Sat 19-Mar-16 23:31:06

I have a track record of only being attracted to men who end up chronic snorers. How you don't smother him in his sleep I don't know!!
Book the two rooms, & don't feel guilty about it. And invest in ear plugs, ear defenders & a punching bag grin

Frankly I'd book your DH into a different hotel if his snoring is that bad. wink
Two rooms sounds eminently sensible.

kawliga Sun 20-Mar-16 00:07:53

Congratulations to your dd. Good luck to her team. Definitely book whatever rooms you need to have a nice time yourself. You need your sleep! Being a hockey mum is more stressful than actually playing hockey! YANBU.

CallMeExhausted Sun 20-Mar-16 00:22:11

I will talk to him about the second room... knowing DH - he'll probably be in agreement.

emwithme Sun 20-Mar-16 00:34:44

Two rooms sounds sensible. DH and DD in the snoring room, you in the nice quiet room at the other end of the hotel

Bogeyface Sun 20-Mar-16 01:02:32

I agree that DD and DH should share a twin and you should get a nice double room to yourself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now