to not go to the cinema with dd

(9 Posts)
Stoneagemum Sat 19-Mar-16 14:56:04

It's her birthday weekend, yes weekend technically she was 14 yesterday.

She has had a sleepover with 2 friends and shopping and cinema today with them both. She said she would be happy for me to see the film with them but I declined and have now installed myself in a pub nearby to watch the rugby.

I have accompanied them today for finance and transport reasons, aibu not to see the film with them when I was 'invited'?

iklboo Sat 19-Mar-16 14:59:58

No you're not being unreasonable. She might have invited you desperately hoping you'd say no grin

Fatmomma99 Sat 19-Mar-16 15:09:51

My 14 yr old DD generally prefers to do things without me (although with the benefit of my purse and car keys), if she actually suggested I'd be welcome I'd jump at it - she's 14, we don't have that long with her left before she's loose on the world, and personally I wouldn't waste a minute I had an opportunity for sharing with her.

starry0ne Sat 19-Mar-16 15:12:29

I think at 14 depends on the child..Do you think she really wanted you to go? if not YANBU... If she did I would probably go because you will be far too uncool to be seen with her soon

Stoneagemum Sat 19-Mar-16 15:18:02

I think it was more a you can come if you want as I've dragged you to the next town and spent your money

MrsJayy Sat 19-Mar-16 15:18:28

I probably wouldnt have went she was with her pals arrange another cinema date for you and her soon

MrsJayy Sat 19-Mar-16 15:20:00

Was nice of her to think of you even if she didnt really want you to go

Cel982 Sat 19-Mar-16 15:21:57

It's very sweet of her to ask, you've raised her well wink But YANBU to politely decline.

Stoneagemum Sat 19-Mar-16 18:09:49

I think it went well i invited them to join me for milkshakes after the film so I could see the end of the game.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now